Forums

what exactly is a flux capacitor?

Started by kael December 15, 2012
what exactly is a flux capacitor,
and why does my watch run backward when I reverse the magitic field?

On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 11:59:46 GMT, kael <kael@dezign.com> wrote:

>what exactly is a flux capacitor, >and why does my watch run backward when I reverse the magitic field?
It is a tool that WE use to flush out utter idiots. It currently indicates that you made the list.
"FatBytestard" <PhatBytestard@somewheronyourharddrive.org> wrote in message
> On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 11:59:46 GMT, kael <kael@dezign.com> wrote: > >>what exactly is a flux capacitor, >>and why does my watch run backward when I reverse the magitic field? > > > It is a tool that WE use to flush out utter idiots. It currently > indicates that you made the list. >
especially when it contains 1.21 GigaWatts of power. MARTY, do you know what that means? Loved the "back to the future" movies.
kael wrote:
> > what exactly is a flux capacitor,
A cheap Hollywood movie prop.
On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 08:05:34 -0500, "Oppie" <Oppie@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>"FatBytestard" <PhatBytestard@somewheronyourharddrive.org> wrote in message >news:maroc85hegtjts0om6lp2vovb7t7cub47t@4ax.com... >> On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 11:59:46 GMT, kael <kael@dezign.com> wrote: >> >>>what exactly is a flux capacitor, >>>and why does my watch run backward when I reverse the magitic field? >> >> >> It is a tool that WE use to flush out utter idiots. It currently >> indicates that you made the list. >> >especially when it contains 1.21 GigaWatts of power. MARTY, do you know what >that means? Loved the "back to the future" movies.
FOFLMAO >:-} ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | Phoenix, Arizona 85048 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/tmoranwms/Elec_FluxCap.html

Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

"kael" <kael@dezign.com> wrote in message
> what exactly is a flux capacitor, > and why does my watch run backward when I reverse the magitic field? >
kael wrote:
> what exactly is a flux capacitor, > and why does my watch run backward when I reverse the magitic field? >
So then you can realign the field coils. -- Les Cargill
On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 11:59:46 GMT, kael <kael@dezign.com> wrote:

>what exactly is a flux capacitor, >and why does my watch run backward when I reverse the magitic field?
It's a device that stores pseudo science, interpretations, speculation, vendor hype, environmental politics, and general rubbish. The flux accumulates until it is discharged into this newsgroup. The reason your watch is running backwards is that Dec 21, 2012 is rapidly approaching, when the Mayan calendar ends and possibly runs backwards. Check if you have the date set too far ahead, or possibly to 2038, when the Unix 32 bit clock will do much the same thing. Otherwise, try winding your timepiece in the other direction. -- Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PpeAesQCZ8 -- Les Cargill
"Tim Williams" <tmoranwms@charter.net> wrote:
> http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/tmoranwms/Elec_FluxCap.html > > Tim
It's two metal plates, with the intermediate space filled with rosin. Duh...