LTC Switcher CAD3 ?

Started by Robert Baer June 2, 2012
   Switcher cad??
   NO transformers.
   NO saturable inductors.
   NO selection of ferrite core materials.
   NO selection of ferrite core sizes or shapes.
   WTF??

"Robert Baer"  wrote in message

   Switcher cad??
   NO transformers.
   NO saturable inductors.
   NO selection of ferrite core materials.
   NO selection of ferrite core sizes or shapes.
   WTF??

http://pkropik.com/storage/1202227692_sb_switchercad_1.pdf

WTF don't you understand?

Robert Baer wrote:

> Switcher cad?? > NO transformers. > NO saturable inductors. > NO selection of ferrite core materials. > NO selection of ferrite core sizes or shapes. > WTF??
Who needs that? ;) Jamie
On Jun 2, 6:52=A0am, Jamie
<jamie_ka1lpa_not_valid_after_ka1l...@charter.net> wrote:
> Robert Baer wrote: > > =A0 Switcher cad?? > > =A0 NO transformers. > > =A0 NO saturable inductors. > > =A0 NO selection of ferrite core materials. > > =A0 NO selection of ferrite core sizes or shapes. > > =A0 WTF?? > > Who needs that? ;)
Grown-ups. -- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
On Jun 2, 6:07=A0am, Robert Baer <robertb...@localnet.com> wrote:
> =A0 =A0Switcher cad?? > =A0 =A0NO transformers.
Use coupled inductors - K1 L1 L2 L3 0.99 tells the program that L1, L2 and L3 are windings on a single transforemr with a coupling coefficient of 0.99
> =A0 =A0NO saturable inductors.
The John Chan model represents real, hysteretic inductors pretty accurately, if my limited experience is anything to go by.
> =A0 =A0NO selection of ferrite core materials.
The John Chan model allows you to do that
> =A0 =A0NO selection of ferrite core sizes or shapes.
The John Chan model allows you to do that. Go to "Help" and section L.Inductor.
> =A0 =A0WTF??
There's not a lot wrong with the program, but you do have to work out how to get the most out of it. -- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Bill Sloman wrote:

> On Jun 2, 6:52 am, Jamie > <jamie_ka1lpa_not_valid_after_ka1l...@charter.net> wrote: > >>Robert Baer wrote: >> >>> Switcher cad?? >>> NO transformers. >>> NO saturable inductors. >>> NO selection of ferrite core materials. >>> NO selection of ferrite core sizes or shapes. >>> WTF?? >> >>Who needs that? ;) > > > Grown-ups. > > -- > Bill Sloman, Nijmegen >
Then come back in a few years, if you have any left. Jamie
On Jun 2, 11:39=A0pm, Jamie
<jamie_ka1lpa_not_valid_after_ka1l...@charter.net> wrote:
> BillSlomanwrote: > > On Jun 2, 6:52 am, Jamie > > <jamie_ka1lpa_not_valid_after_ka1l...@charter.net> wrote: > > >>Robert Baer wrote: > > >>> =A0Switcher cad?? > >>> =A0NO transformers. > >>> =A0NO saturable inductors. > >>> =A0NO selection of ferrite core materials. > >>> =A0NO selection of ferrite core sizes or shapes. > >>> =A0WTF?? > > >>Who needs that? ;) > > > Grown-ups. > > Then come back in a few years, if you have any left.
I doubt if you'll ever grow up, and I doubt if I'd like what you might grow up into any better than I like the character that you are exhibiting at the moment. Serious engineers do exploit the transformer-modelling options in LTSpice. Robert Baer isn't all that serious, or he would have been able to find them on his own - and even he recognised that an analog circuit simulation program ought to be able to simulate the trickier features of real transformers and had enough sense to ask about them. Of course they do seem to have been too tricky for you to known about them in the first place. -- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

"Bill Sloman"  wrote in message

There's not a lot wrong with the program, but you do have to work out
how to get the most out of it.

Hmmm.  Sounds a lot like life.

On Sat, 2 Jun 2012 21:22:16 -0400, "Charles"
<charlesschuler@comcast.net> wrote:

> > >"Bill Sloman" wrote in message >news:60113a30-7483-4a43-9f37-7ef2fecedb28@6g2000vbv.googlegroups.com... > > > >There's not a lot wrong with the program, but you do have to work out >how to get the most out of it. > > >Hmmm. Sounds a lot like life.
There are a lot of common things that could be ready-to-go parts, that instead require you to enter .model statements or other directives, which is a minor nuisance. Ideal diodes, transformers, controlled switches, ltline, a few things like that. -- John Larkin Highland Technology Inc www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators
Charles wrote:
> > > "Robert Baer" wrote in message > news:xqydnWyQzY_6HlTSnZ2dnUVZ_g-dnZ2d@posted.localnet... > > Switcher cad?? > NO transformers. > NO saturable inductors. > NO selection of ferrite core materials. > NO selection of ferrite core sizes or shapes. > WTF?? > > http://pkropik.com/storage/1202227692_sb_switchercad_1.pdf > > WTF don't you understand?
Yawn..NOT one word concerning what i mentioned. 2 megs wasted, "covering" a quickie SPICE "review".