Forums

N-chl MOSFET Jellybean??

Started by RST Engineering February 11, 2012
Anybody got a suggestion for an N-channel MOSFET power device (prefer
TO-220 or similar) that Joe Hamhand can get in East Undershirt Ohio on
a Sunday afternoon?

Thanks,

Jim
"RST Engineering" <jweir43@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Anybody got a suggestion for an N-channel MOSFET power device (prefer > TO-220 or similar) that Joe Hamhand can get in East Undershirt Ohio on > a Sunday afternoon? > > Thanks, > > Jim
IRF530? IRF530PBF Cheers
Yup. That restricts your selection pretty much to what Radio Shack has. Here ya go: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062618 But not on Sunday mornin' cuz then Joe Hamhand is s'posed to be at church, ya hear? :-) -- Regards, Joerg http://www.analogconsultants.com/
On Feb 11, 6:23=A0pm, RST Engineering <jwei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anybody got a suggestion for an N-channel MOSFET power device (prefer > TO-220 or similar) that Joe Hamhand can get in East Undershirt Ohio on > a Sunday afternoon? > > Thanks, > > Jim
If you need to do this pruchase more than once, its wasting time to not stock up so you wont need to. Such things are cheap compared to journeys out. NT
NT wrote:
> On Feb 11, 6:23 pm, RST Engineering <jwei...@gmail.com> wrote: >> Anybody got a suggestion for an N-channel MOSFET power device (prefer >> TO-220 or similar) that Joe Hamhand can get in East Undershirt Ohio on >> a Sunday afternoon? >> >> Thanks, >> >> Jim > > If you need to do this pruchase more than once, its wasting time to > not stock up so you wont need to. Such things are cheap compared to > journeys out. >
Not if you need only one for a hobby kit. $2.19 at the local Radio Shack sounds expensive but the "better deal" at an online store can easily turn into $10 or more with shipping. Or several times that if you have to add lots of stuff you don't really need to get above the minimum order limit. Plus you have it that same Sunday afternoon, not next Thursday. Oh, and dad can send the family to the ice cream parlor and browse around the store for other stuff he "needs". Ok, then you'll have to factor in the cost for the ice cream :-) -- Regards, Joerg http://www.analogconsultants.com/
On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 03:20:08 -0800 (PST), NT <meow2222@care2.com>
wrote:

> >If you need to do this pruchase more than once, its wasting time to >not stock up so you wont need to. Such things are cheap compared to >journeys out.
The magazine I write for has subscriptions all across the country, Canada and the British Isles. I like to give my readers a fighting chance to make it like I designed it. Thanks, Jim
RST Engineering wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 03:20:08 -0800 (PST), NT <meow2222@care2.com> > wrote: > > >> If you need to do this pruchase more than once, its wasting time to >> not stock up so you wont need to. Such things are cheap compared to >> journeys out. > > The magazine I write for has subscriptions all across the country, > Canada and the British Isles. I like to give my readers a fighting > chance to make it like I designed it. >
Ok, the Radio Shack part I mentioned should work for the US and I believe they've got them in Canada. But British Isles, there someone local should chime in. You may have to note an alternative part in the schematic, preferably one endorsed by Her Majesty :-) I think the stores around Edgware Road in London have mostly gotten rid of their electronic parts offerings. -- Regards, Joerg http://www.analogconsultants.com/