Forums

MLCC soldering and dielectric cracking damage

Started by Mr.CRC October 23, 2011
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:09:23 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>We do know it doesn't involve math.
You are not permitted to refer to the opinions your other personalities may or may not have, asshole. YOU only have one vote, and this concludes me proving that it is YOU with math issues.
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:09:23 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

> >She is, by far, the best PCB layout person I've ever known.
Connect the dots is not difficult.
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:09:23 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>Elegant, beautiful stuff. > >John
Maybe you'll learn to keep your fucking mouth to yourself. Right now, you are down at the bottom of the barrel. Not hard, considering you were the twit that brought the barrel into the group. I simply watched as you and a number of other fucktards jumped in and wallowed in *your*... "Free Money" pit. And yes, I know for a fucking fact that you are too goddamned stupid to get that reference, much less understand why it was used.
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:23:55 -0700, TheQuickBrownFox
<thequickbrownfox@overthelazydog.org> wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:09:23 -0700, John Larkin ><jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote: > >> >>She is, by far, the best PCB layout person I've ever known. > > Connect the dots is not difficult.
She just did a board with a 760 pin BGA FPGA (1 mm pitch) and a 296 pin ARM uP (0.8 mm) and a lot of other stuff, on just 8 layers. All impedance controlled, with sixteen 1 GHz SERDES diff pairs and 8x PCI Express at 2.5 Gbps per lane. http://www.panoramio.com/photo/60806548 http://www.panoramio.com/photo/60806547 It's sufficiently difficult to route stuff like this that we just give her an incomplete schamatic and the general rules, and she picks the pins on the FPGA and the i/os on the ARM. Then she gives us a netlist from the PCB, which we crunch and feed into the Altera software to see if it's happy with the pin assignments. Apparently nothing *but* the Quartus software is the final call about whether the pinout is workable. Mix in four or five different Vccs and it gets even more interesting. The board seems to work, with a couple of small kluges so far. There's nothing trivial about getting something like this right on the first pass. John
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 21:50:40 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>She just did a board with a 760 pin BGA FPGA (1 mm pitch) and a 296 >pin ARM uP (0.8 mm) and a lot of other stuff, on just 8 layers. All >impedance controlled, with sixteen 1 GHz SERDES diff pairs and 8x PCI >Express at 2.5 Gbps per lane.
Sounds like your software actually knows what it is doing. Bwuahahahahahahaa!
On a sunny day (Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:07:42 -0700) it happened Rich Grise
<richg@example.net.invalid> wrote in <j878no$am5$1@dont-email.me>:

>LM wrote: > >> Because if you have only two hands hands, you cant hold the part, >> solder and the solder iron all at the same time. I have tried. >> Evolution is not fast enough to grow the third hand. > >You hold the solder in your mouth.
Could be OK with lead-free.
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:35:03 GMT, Jan Panteltje
<pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On a sunny day (Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:07:42 -0700) it happened Rich Grise ><richg@example.net.invalid> wrote in <j878no$am5$1@dont-email.me>: > >>LM wrote: >> >>> Because if you have only two hands hands, you cant hold the part, >>> solder and the solder iron all at the same time. I have tried. >>> Evolution is not fast enough to grow the third hand. >> >>You hold the solder in your mouth. > >Could be OK with lead-free.
This is WHY you ADD flux. That way, you can place the solder drop on the soldering iron tip! DOH! Then, the moment you touch the pad, the entire solder joint reflows. You remove the tip, and you are done, depending on the flux you chose. Ofcourse you need a micro-applicator for the flux,but 'they' have them, and that is what they are for.
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 05:10:49 -0700 VioletaPachydermata
<PurpleElephant@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org> wrote in Message id:
<4k9da75f31d114ble4jsrego83p4of0r2l@4ax.com>:

>On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:03:56 -0400, JW <none@dev.null> wrote: > >>On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 03:46:31 -0700 VioletaPachydermata >><PurpleElephant@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org> wrote in Message id: >><2r4da7lpvug0efrqc44s3aacdfr55ghntr@4ax.com>: >> >>>On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 20:44:09 -0700, "Mr.CRC" >>><crobcBOGUS@REMOVETHISsbcglobal.net> wrote: >>> >>>>Then you really went off the rails! >>> >>> Probably another retarded Ford owner. >> >>You know... it suddenly occurred to me that you have a personality that >>only a cadaver could love. This, no doubt, explains why you count so many >>of them amongst your sexual conquests. > > > Probably another retarded Ford owner.
In the past I've owned an '86 F150 that made it to 200K miles even though I abused the thing all the time off-road. Great truck.
> It is obvious.
The only thing that's obvious to a botched vacuum cleaner abortion such as yourself, is that *whatever* you think very rarely has anything to do with reality.
>This JW fucktard calls his sexual encounters >"conquests". > > Yeah, perverted fucktards like you are what made the perverted fucktard >mentality twits we have running around today. Good job, fucktard. NOT!
Sheesh. An IKYABWAI. Not that I expected anything better from the likes of you.
> Nice try at a jab, but a lowlife fucktard like you has a long way to go >before you could even grasp my coattails, boy.
This is even less clever. I didn't think it possible but you're declining even more here. I suggest you hurry up and say something even remotely interesting if you want to retain the honor of me kicking your flabby ass. PS: have you figured out what .15 * 5 is yet, Einstein?
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 07:25:35 -0400, JW <none@dev.null> wrote:

>>This JW fucktard calls his sexual encounters >>"conquests". >> >> Yeah, perverted fucktards like you are what made the perverted fucktard >>mentality twits we have running around today. Good job, fucktard. NOT! > >Sheesh. An IKYABWAI. Not that I expected anything better from the likes of >you.
Bullshit, you retarded fuck. I have never referred to anything to do with sex, regarding myself or otherwise, here, or in any other group,under ANY nym. Thanks for proving how stupid you are, and nice try slithering away from your stupid "conquest" remark. Your senile, was 40 IQ but not any more mentality (and soul) was not that hard for me to conquest, sport. Bwuahahahahaha!
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 17:43:17 -0700, TheQuickBrownFox
<thequickbrownfox@overthelazydog.org> wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 12:28:44 -0500, "krw@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" ><krw@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz> wrote: > >>On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:19:08 -0700, John Larkin >><jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote: >> >>>On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 03:46:31 -0700, VioletaPachydermata >>><PurpleElephant@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org> wrote: >>> >>>>On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 20:44:09 -0700, "Mr.CRC" >>>><crobcBOGUS@REMOVETHISsbcglobal.net> wrote: >>>> >>>>>Then you really went off the rails! >>>> >>>> Probably another retarded Ford owner. >>> >>>I had a Fiesta once. It was pretty good, for the first 14 years at >>>least. >> >>I had a Granada, way back. Other than having to replace the carb every year >>or two ($60) it was a great car, for the first 14 years. My wife's Sable has >>been excellent for its first 11 years as has my Ranger, for 10. The '74 >>Rustang-II was on the other end of the scale, though. >> >>The other thing Ford has going for it is that it's *not* Government Motors. > > Figures that Larkin and KRW are fucking Ford loving, Nazi sympathizing >retards. I mean it would have been easy to guess (I already did and was >right!) as you are both so fucking blatantly stupid.
AlwaysWrong is *ALWAYS* wrong.