Forums

Using microphone to measure Db(A) and Db(C) ?

Started by Skybuck Flying August 29, 2009
Well I am not letting them off the hook so easily ?! ;) :)

I am going to ask them if they can sent me the "wave" file for the tone...

Maybe it would be of sum use ! ;)

Bye,
  Skybuck.

This is what I wrote back:

"
Hello,

It may not have been designed for any other purpose... but that doesn't mean
that it couldn't be used for it.

I would be interested in receiving a wave file for the Audyssey tone... it
might be of some use... For example comparing the original audyssey
tone/wave file with the one recorded by the mic.

The mic can be attached to my pc/soundblaster so then I can analyze waves
with goldwave editor (software).

Bye,
  Skybuck.
"

Nice isn't it ? ;) :)

(Psychological spin BABY ! =D LOL)

Bye,
  Skybuck =D

"Skybuck Flying" <BloodyShame@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The e-mail replay from a Denon employee is funny: > > " > The microphone is specifically calibrated to read the > Audyssey tone from the particular receiver it is supplied > with. It is not designed to record sound or to be used for any other > purpose. > " > > ^^^ Wacky ^^^ :) > > I could record the "Audyssey tone" would that do any good > ? > Should I record it with the mic itself or another mic... > would that make any difference ? > > Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... > > (The mic is clearly able to record any form of sound so > what Denon wrote is a bit whack ! :))
I suspect that more likely, the Denon reciever is calibrated for the mic that ships with it.
Arny Krueger wrote:
> "Skybuck Flying" <BloodyShame@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:cd981$4a9c508d$d53372a9$25707@cache3.tilbu1.nb.home.nl >> The e-mail replay from a Denon employee is funny: >> >> " >> The microphone is specifically calibrated to read the >> Audyssey tone from the particular receiver it is supplied >> with. It is not designed to record sound or to be used for any other >> purpose. >> " >> >> ^^^ Wacky ^^^ :) >> >> I could record the "Audyssey tone" would that do any good >> ? >> Should I record it with the mic itself or another mic... >> would that make any difference ? >> >> Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... >> >> (The mic is clearly able to record any form of sound so >> what Denon wrote is a bit whack ! :)) > > I suspect that more likely, the Denon reciever is calibrated for the mic > that ships with it. > >
Pls stop spamming the dutch ng with your idiot talk
er kunnen veel strondvliegen op een hoop strond.