Splattering solder into eye?

Started by Peter Hucker October 25, 2008
> Not bad, you may just loose your eye. WEAR SAFTY GLASSES!
It's hard to believe, but I'm actually seeing the English language's pronunciation and spelling change. For example, Americans are starting to adopt the British pronunciations of certain words, principally by changing the stressed syllable. I also notice that many people have decided that "lose" is spelled "loose". Though "lose" and "loose" are related words, they have distinct meanings.
"William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgeezer@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Not bad, you may just loose your eye. WEAR SAFTY GLASSES! > > It's hard to believe, but I'm actually seeing the English language's > pronunciation and spelling change. For example, Americans are starting to > adopt the British pronunciations of certain words, principally by changing > the stressed syllable. > > I also notice that many people have decided that "lose" is spelled > "loose". > > Though "lose" and "loose" are related words, they have distinct meanings.
William... I held the O button too long. Should read what I type before sending. I wondered who would catch this. WW

Peter Hucker wrote:
> Has anyone ever actually been unlucky enough to get solder splattering into their eye? I've had it hit my leg, hand, and face, but never in my eye. How bad is it? >
No but I used to get the smoke from frying rosin in my eye when I used to build short wave radios many years ago. Burns like nothing else. -- Claude Hopper :) ? ? &#4294967295;
WW wrote:
> "Peter Hucker" <none@spam.com> wrote in message > news:op.ujk7x4q44buhsv@fx62.mshome.net... >> Has anyone ever actually been unlucky enough to get solder splattering >> into their eye? I've had it hit my leg, hand, and face, but never in my >> eye. How bad is it? >> >> -- >> http://www.petersparrots.com http://www.insanevideoclips.com >> http://www.petersphotos.com >> >> Confuscious say: "War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's >> left." > > Not bad, you may just loose your eye. WEAR SAFTY GLASSES! > >
No but I used to get the smoke from frying rosin in my eye when I used to build short wave radios many years ago. Burns like nothing else. Safety glasses don't help for that. -- Claude Hopper :) ? ? &#4294967295;
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 03:28:55 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
<grizzledgeezer@comcast.net> wrote:

>> Not bad, you may just loose your eye. WEAR SAFTY GLASSES! > >It's hard to believe, but I'm actually seeing the English language's >pronunciation and spelling change. For example, Americans are starting to >adopt the British pronunciations of certain words, principally by changing >the stressed syllable. > >I also notice that many people have decided that "lose" is spelled "loose". > >Though "lose" and "loose" are related words, they have distinct meanings. >
But... Maybe his eye *will* fall out? (and he may want it to if he gets molten solder in it!)

I'm thinking more of minute amounts that splatter when melting fresh solder from the reel. Maybe it's only flux? -- http://www.petersparrots.com http://www.insanevideoclips.com http://www.petersphotos.com A man is a person who will pay two dollars for a one-dollar item he wants. A woman will pay one dollar for a two-dollar item that she doesn't want.

At what speed? I was talking about a bicycle. -- http://www.petersparrots.com http://www.insanevideoclips.com http://www.petersphotos.com Bad command or file name! Go stand in the corner.

I have done that three times. I let go immediately and the pain did not continue, I just ended up with some hard skin on my fingers for a few days. -- http://www.petersparrots.com http://www.insanevideoclips.com http://www.petersphotos.com The longest word in German is DONAUDAMPFSCHIFFAHRTSELEKTRIZITAETENHAUPTBETRIEBSWERKBAUUNTERBEAMTENGESELLSCHAFT, "the club for subordinate officials of the head office management of the Danube steamboat electrical services" (name of a pre-war club in Vienna), according to 1996 Guinness.

You could have used a full face gas mask. Try an army surplus store. -- http://www.petersparrots.com http://www.insanevideoclips.com http://www.petersphotos.com /\ __ \/ __ \_\_\/\/_/_/ _\_\/_/_ __/_/\_\__ /_/ /\/\ \_\ /\ \/

No they haven't. They just write the wrong one. -- http://www.petersparrots.com http://www.insanevideoclips.com http://www.petersphotos.com A man is driving down a deserted stretch of highway when he notices a sign out of the corner of his eye....It reads: SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS HOUSE OF PROSTITUTION 10 MILES He thinks this is a figment of his imagination and drives on without second thought.... Soon he sees another sign which reads: SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS HOUSE OF PROSTITUTION 5 MILES Suddenly he begins to realize that these signs are for real and drives past a third sign saying: SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS HOUSE OF PROSTITUTION NEXT RIGHT His curiosity gets the best of him and he pulls into the drive. On the far side of the parking lot is a stone building with a small sign next to the door reading: SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS He climbs the steps and rings the bell. The door is answered by a nun in a long black habit who asks, 'What may we do for you my son?' He answers, 'I saw your signs along the highway and was interested in possibly doing business....' 'Very well my son. Please follow me.' He is led through many winding passages and is soon quite disoriented. The nun stops at a closed door and tells the man, 'Please knock on this door.' He does so and another nun in a long habit, holding a tin cup answers the door... This nun instructs, 'Please place $100 in the cup then go through the large wooden door at the end of the hallway.' He puts $100 in the cup, eagerly trots down the hall and slips through the door pulling it shut behind him. The door locks, and he finds himself back in the parking lot facing another sign: GO IN PEACE. YOU HAVE JUST BEEN SCREWED BY THE SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS.