My friend has a 1988 Acura Legend Coupe. He was trying out a stun gun
and accidentally zapped the car. The car wouldn't work after that. Any
idea what happened? What circuits should be checked out? Is there an
inexpensive fix for this automobile engine problem, if it was the
stungun that caused the problem? Could a relay or hidden fuse gotten
burned, perhaps?

<dennis702717@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1160162787.542121.64160@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> Could a stun gun have destroyed his Legend car's electronics? > > My friend has a 1988 Acura Legend Coupe. He was trying out a stun gun > and accidentally zapped the car. The car wouldn't work after that. Any > idea what happened? What circuits should be checked out? Is there an > inexpensive fix for this automobile engine problem, if it was the > stungun that caused the problem? Could a relay or hidden fuse gotten > burned, perhaps? >
If the computer module fried its not cheap.
On 2006-10-06, dennis702717@yahoo.com <dennis702717@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Could a stun gun have destroyed his Legend car's electronics? > > My friend has a 1988 Acura Legend Coupe. He was trying out a stun gun > and accidentally zapped the car. The car wouldn't work after that. Any > idea what happened?
It probably destroyed some of the electronics involved with running the car, the "engine management computer" or similar.
> What circuits should be checked out? Is there an inexpensive fix for this > automobile engine problem,
buy a cheap car.
> if it was the stungun that caused the problem? Could a relay or hidden > fuse gotten burned, perhaps?
most unlikely relays are pretty rugged and stun guns don't emit enough current to blow typical automotive fuses. Bye. Jasen
On 6 Oct 2006 12:26:27 -0700, dennis702717@yahoo.com wrote:

>Could a stun gun have destroyed his Legend car's electronics? > >My friend has a 1988 Acura Legend Coupe. He was trying out a stun gun >and accidentally zapped the car. The car wouldn't work after that. Any >idea what happened? What circuits should be checked out? Is there an >inexpensive fix for this automobile engine problem, if it was the >stungun that caused the problem? Could a relay or hidden fuse gotten >burned, perhaps?
Yes it could have destroyed the electronics. The car's computer or engine management system. Troubleshoot it like anything else - assume nothing since it could be a coincidence. My Tesla coils would write to the CMOS setup when the computer was in the same room with the coil - scrambling the date time and every other user entered variable. It also destroyed a Dynamic Memory Module ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

fried the computer ? -- Real Programmers Do things like this. http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
<dennis702717@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Could a stun gun have destroyed his Legend car's electronics? >
Let us hope that the yobbos on streets of Britain and just about every European country do not read this. Just imagine the damage that a few of these criminals could do with home-made stun guns. One yobbo could do the best part of a million dollars worth of damage in one day given the right place. R
"Roger Dewhurst" <dewhurst@wave.co.nz> wrote in message

> Let us hope that the yobbos on streets of Britain and just about every > European country do not read this. Just imagine the damage that a few of > these criminals could do with home-made stun guns. One yobbo could do the > best part of a million dollars worth of damage in one day given the right > place.
An automobile can withstand a lightning strike without too much damage. It is, after all, close to a Faraday cage. I'm not convinced that this is cause and effect.
"Homer J Simpson" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > "Roger Dewhurst" <dewhurst@wave.co.nz> wrote in message > news:eg97k9$45t$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > > > Let us hope that the yobbos on streets of Britain and just about every > > European country do not read this. Just imagine the damage that a few
of
> > these criminals could do with home-made stun guns. One yobbo could do
the
> > best part of a million dollars worth of damage in one day given the
right
> > place. > > An automobile can withstand a lightning strike without too much damage. It > is, after all, close to a Faraday cage. I'm not convinced that this is
cause
> and effect. >
I agree. I was going to ask the OP exactly where the car was zapped. Interior or exterior? ... Johnny
On 6 Oct 2006 12:26:27 -0700, dennis702717@yahoo.com wrote:

>Could a stun gun have destroyed his Legend car's electronics? > >My friend has a 1988 Acura Legend Coupe. He was trying out a stun gun >and accidentally zapped the car. The car wouldn't work after that. Any >idea what happened? What circuits should be checked out? Is there an >inexpensive fix for this automobile engine problem, if it was the >stungun that caused the problem? Could a relay or hidden fuse gotten >burned, perhaps?
I had a similar experience with the high frequency start on a tig welding machine scrambling the tuning on the radio. Turning it on and off didn't fix anything. But disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes fixed things. ERS
Duh, my friend has a gun, like if he shot me in the arm would it hurt?
Any idiot knows the 1988 Acura did not have SGProtection included
although your friend could of got it aftermarket from
http:\\www.ItheFriggingIdiotThatKilledMyCar.com