Forums

0.5 rpm motor

Started by dave...@yahoo.co.uk October 7, 2007
hi, i am in the uk, and need a 0.5 rpm ,low voltage (3v to 12v)motor
no real torque needed its just to rotatae a disc slowly.....anyone
know what might do ?
dave

davesuejon@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> hi, i am in the uk, and need a 0.5 rpm ,low voltage (3v to 12v)motor > no real torque needed its just to rotatae a disc slowly.....anyone > know what might do ? > dave
How about a stepper motor?
"Freelance Embedded Systems Engineer" <g9u5dd43@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> davesuejon@yahoo.co.uk wrote: > > hi, i am in the uk, and need a 0.5 rpm ,low voltage (3v to 12v)motor > > no real torque needed its just to rotatae a disc slowly.....anyone > > know what might do ? > > dave > > How about a stepper motor? >
Perhaps look at the motor + gear boxes used on humidifiers to turn their drums? I think they run on 24V ac (small transformer) though.

Look up clock motor. -- "I'm never wrong, once i thought i was, but was mistaken" Real Programmers Do things like this. http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
davesuejon@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> hi, i am in the uk, and need a 0.5 rpm ,low voltage (3v to 12v)motor > no real torque needed its just to rotatae a disc slowly.....anyone > know what might do ? > dave
If you can cope with 240V AC then caniblise a 24 hour time switch. -- Best Regards: Baron.
Jamie wrote:
> > davesuejon@yahoo.co.uk wrote: > > > hi, i am in the uk, and need a 0.5 rpm ,low voltage (3v to 12v)motor > > no real torque needed its just to rotatae a disc slowly.....anyone > > know what might do ? > > dave > > > Look up clock motor.
Pervert! ;-) -- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85. Michael A. Terrell Central Florida
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
> Jamie wrote: > >>davesuejon@yahoo.co.uk wrote: >> >> >>>hi, i am in the uk, and need a 0.5 rpm ,low voltage (3v to 12v)motor >>>no real torque needed its just to rotatae a disc slowly.....anyone >>>know what might do ? >>>dave >>> >> >>Look up clock motor. > > > Pervert! ;-) >
No thanks, I have a bad back. I use mirrors on my shoes instead. -- "I'm never wrong, once i thought i was, but was mistaken" Real Programmers Do things like this. http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
China Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co. Ltd engages in designing=
, manufacturing and marketing all kinds of electric motors. They are mainly=
 suitable for the following applications: smart home application used in sm=
art kitchen and laundry, medical instrument for personal care, smart E-tran=
smission applied in automobile, industry automation applied in telecommunic=
ation and a great variety of plastic/metal planetary gearbox in different s=
izes.
  In order to develop the oversea market, we are current seeking new partne=
rs around the world to create a bright future together. ZhaoWei is a right =
choice and excellent partnership with sincere services.

Company: Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co., Ltd  =20
Contact: Anny Liu
Tel=EF=BC=9A+86-755-27322652
Fax=EF=BC=9A+86-755-27323949
E-mail:sales@zwgearbox.com
Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Bao=E2=80=99an Dist.,=
 Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China
On Sunday, October 7, 2007 at 6:24:17 AM UTC-7, daves...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> hi, i am in the uk, and need a 0.5 rpm ,low voltage (3v to 12v)motor > no real torque needed its just to rotatae a disc slowly.....anyone > know what might do ?
Look at similar devices. Particularly, the second hand on a clock is a 1 rpm motor, and in most battery clocks it's driven by a solenoid and 60-tooth wheel and pawl. So maybe you just need to get battery clock, and swap out its quartz crystal.
On 12/3/2015 3:54 PM, whit3rd wrote:
> On Sunday, October 7, 2007 at 6:24:17 AM UTC-7, daves...@yahoo.co.uk wrote: >> hi, i am in the uk, and need a 0.5 rpm ,low voltage (3v to 12v)motor >> no real torque needed its just to rotatae a disc slowly.....anyone >> know what might do ? > > Look at similar devices. Particularly, the second hand on a clock is a 1 rpm motor, > and in most battery clocks it's driven by a solenoid and 60-tooth wheel and pawl. So > maybe you just need to get battery clock, and swap out its quartz crystal. >
He had 8 years to come up with something.