Forums

Weight of electronic equipment

Started by Veek M July 8, 2015
On Thu, 09 Jul 2015 13:40:26 +1000, Veek M <vek.m1234@gmail.com> wrote:

> David Eather wrote: > >> On Thu, 09 Jul 2015 01:25:42 +1000, Veek M <vek.m1234@gmail.com> wrote: >> >>> George Herold wrote: >>> >>>> On Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 11:50:37 PM UTC-4, Veek M wrote: >>>>> I'm importing some electronic parts/equipment (1kg worth) and wanted >>>>> to >>>>> compute a reasonable estimate of shipping costs - could someone weigh >>>>> their parts and post the values. >>>>> >>>>> What are the weights of various types of: >>>>> >>>>> Through-hole components: diode, capacitor, inductors, transistor, >>>>> ICs, >>>>> crystal, LED, ferrite cores-beads, Potentiometers, Trimpots, >>>>> Photodiodes/IR, microprocessors, piezo, presets, switches, >>>>> optocouplers >>>>> >>>>> SMD parts: 0805, 0603, 1205, crystal, heatsinks, LDR >>>>> >>>>> LCD, LED panels, FR4 (with dimensions) >>>>> >>>>> Arduino, breadboard strips, various sensors/modules (Hall, Gas, >>>>> breakaway headers >>>>> >>>>> BNC, Banana, Alligator clips, battery holders, batteries (CR2032, >>>>> LiIo), >>>>> stero jacks Drill bits, soldering bits, Soldering iron, solder, flux, >>>>> multimeter DMM. >>>> >>>> Sorry, no way is anyone going to weight all that stuff for you. >>>> >>>> George H. >>> >>> 1. One person doesn't have to weigh *all* that stuff for me. Weigh what >>> you >>> can - there's plenty off time. >>> 2. I don't see why you should prejudice people *against* the idea vs >>> keeping >>> quiet. Let them decide for themselves what they want to do. >>> 3. No need to apologize either. >>> >> >> You could of course do your own work and weigh these things yourself. > It's hardly reasonable that you should use a free-ware product like: > User- > Agent: Opera Mail/1.0 (Win32) and in the very same breath tell me to do > my > own work. Stating that you didn't need to ask for it is disingenuous > because > someone did, hence the product/service. > > I don't have *any* un-soldered components, or a balance that measures in > the > 0-50 gm scale; someone here might have it 10" from their left arm. > > I don't see why you should impose your sense of morality as if that were > a > reference standard that could brook no question. The question is on > topic - > that should suffice for the NG. > >
Opera made more than 4 million dollars profit last year from people using it's mail and Internet clients - it is paid for by search engine placement and adds. Opera (and most others too) cannot sell a mail/Internet client as Micro$oft gives one away to try and dominate the market. So your comment is at best ignorant. I've been on Usenet more than 15 years and your request is amongst the laziest I have ever seen. The only people with any sort of obligation for this is YOU or the possible SUPPLIER. Your post isn't off topic but is a ridiculous request, does someone still cut up you food for you? But most pertinent is the reply someone else has already made about accounting for the packaging materials and the supplier would be the best source of information.
On 7/8/2015 11:40 PM, Veek M wrote:


TROLL ALERT!!!

ABLE1 wrote:

> On 7/8/2015 11:40 PM, Veek M wrote: > > > TROLL ALERT!!!
ah! ty!
On Wed, 8 Jul 2015, George Herold wrote:

> On Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 11:50:37 PM UTC-4, Veek M wrote: >> I'm importing some electronic parts/equipment (1kg worth) and wanted to >> compute a reasonable estimate of shipping costs - could someone weigh their >> parts and post the values. >> >> What are the weights of various types of: >> >> Through-hole components: diode, capacitor, inductors, transistor, ICs, >> crystal, LED, ferrite cores-beads, Potentiometers, Trimpots, Photodiodes/IR, >> microprocessors, piezo, presets, switches, optocouplers >> >> SMD parts: 0805, 0603, 1205, crystal, heatsinks, LDR >> >> LCD, LED panels, FR4 (with dimensions) >> >> Arduino, breadboard strips, various sensors/modules (Hall, Gas, >> breakaway headers >> >> BNC, Banana, Alligator clips, battery holders, batteries (CR2032, LiIo), >> stero jacks Drill bits, soldering bits, Soldering iron, solder, flux, >> multimeter DMM. > > Sorry, no way is anyone going to weight all that stuff for you. >
He's "crowdsourcing", hoping everyone here will do a bit of it, rather than one person doing it all. Michael
On Thu, 09 Jul 2015 22:00:53 +1000, Veek M <vek.m1234@gmail.com> wrote:

> ABLE1 wrote: > >> On 7/8/2015 11:40 PM, Veek M wrote: >> >> >> TROLL ALERT!!! > ah! ty!
Um, I think ABLE1 is referring to you.
>"You could of course do your own work and weigh these things yourself. "
From what I read, he would have to go to China to do that. What I wonder is if there aren't spec sheets somewhere, at least for the discrete components that would give the weight.
On 7/9/2015 10:57 AM, Michael Black wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jul 2015, George Herold wrote: > >> On Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 11:50:37 PM UTC-4, Veek M wrote: >>> I'm importing some electronic parts/equipment (1kg worth) and wanted to >>> compute a reasonable estimate of shipping costs - could someone weigh >>> their >>> parts and post the values. >>> >>> What are the weights of various types of: >>> >>> Through-hole components: diode, capacitor, inductors, transistor, >>> ICs, >>> crystal, LED, ferrite cores-beads, Potentiometers, Trimpots, >>> Photodiodes/IR, >>> microprocessors, piezo, presets, switches, optocouplers >>> >>> SMD parts: 0805, 0603, 1205, crystal, heatsinks, LDR >>> >>> LCD, LED panels, FR4 (with dimensions) >>> >>> Arduino, breadboard strips, various sensors/modules (Hall, Gas, >>> breakaway headers >>> >>> BNC, Banana, Alligator clips, battery holders, batteries (CR2032, >>> LiIo), >>> stero jacks Drill bits, soldering bits, Soldering iron, solder, flux, >>> multimeter DMM. >> >> Sorry, no way is anyone going to weight all that stuff for you. >> > He's "crowdsourcing", hoping everyone here will do a bit of it, rather > than one person doing it all. > > Michael >
His whole story sounds like BS.
On Thu, 09 Jul 2015 20:42:31 -0400, Tom Biasi <tombiasi@optonline.net>
wrote:

>On 7/9/2015 10:57 AM, Michael Black wrote: >> On Wed, 8 Jul 2015, George Herold wrote: >> >>> On Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 11:50:37 PM UTC-4, Veek M wrote: >>>> I'm importing some electronic parts/equipment (1kg worth) and wanted to >>>> compute a reasonable estimate of shipping costs - could someone weigh >>>> their >>>> parts and post the values. >>>> >>>> What are the weights of various types of: >>>> >>>> Through-hole components: diode, capacitor, inductors, transistor, >>>> ICs, >>>> crystal, LED, ferrite cores-beads, Potentiometers, Trimpots, >>>> Photodiodes/IR, >>>> microprocessors, piezo, presets, switches, optocouplers >>>> >>>> SMD parts: 0805, 0603, 1205, crystal, heatsinks, LDR >>>> >>>> LCD, LED panels, FR4 (with dimensions) >>>> >>>> Arduino, breadboard strips, various sensors/modules (Hall, Gas, >>>> breakaway headers >>>> >>>> BNC, Banana, Alligator clips, battery holders, batteries (CR2032, >>>> LiIo), >>>> stero jacks Drill bits, soldering bits, Soldering iron, solder, flux, >>>> multimeter DMM. >>> >>> Sorry, no way is anyone going to weight all that stuff for you. >>> >> He's "crowdsourcing", hoping everyone here will do a bit of it, rather >> than one person doing it all. >> >> Michael >> >His whole story sounds like BS.
Maybe he is Dutch.
On 7/9/2015 1:45 PM, David Eather wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jul 2015 22:00:53 +1000, Veek M <vek.m1234@gmail.com> wrote: > >> ABLE1 wrote: >> >>> On 7/8/2015 11:40 PM, Veek M wrote: >>> >>> >>> TROLL ALERT!!! >> ah! ty! > > Um, I think ABLE1 is referring to you.
LOL and the weight of this posting component is much less than 1 gram. When multiplied times all contributory posting the weight would still be less that 1 gram. Shipping charges would be a different matter.
Michael Black wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Jul 2015, George Herold wrote: > >> On Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 11:50:37 PM UTC-4, Veek M wrote: >>> I'm importing some electronic parts/equipment (1kg worth) and wanted to >>> compute a reasonable estimate of shipping costs - could someone weigh >>> their parts and post the values. >>> >>> What are the weights of various types of: >>> >>> Through-hole components: diode, capacitor, inductors, transistor, >>> ICs, >>> crystal, LED, ferrite cores-beads, Potentiometers, Trimpots, >>> Photodiodes/IR, microprocessors, piezo, presets, switches, optocouplers >>> >>> SMD parts: 0805, 0603, 1205, crystal, heatsinks, LDR >>> >>> LCD, LED panels, FR4 (with dimensions) >>> >>> Arduino, breadboard strips, various sensors/modules (Hall, Gas, >>> breakaway headers >>> >>> BNC, Banana, Alligator clips, battery holders, batteries (CR2032, >>> LiIo), >>> stero jacks Drill bits, soldering bits, Soldering iron, solder, flux, >>> multimeter DMM. >> >> Sorry, no way is anyone going to weight all that stuff for you. >> > He's "crowdsourcing", hoping everyone here will do a bit of it, rather > than one person doing it all. > > Michael
Kind off, also: