Forums

Looking for folks who know about Speaker Identification

Started by Ramon F Herrera March 15, 2015
*Important Note:*

If you rather not be involved in activism, anything remotely political
etc. PLEASE go to the next post. Shalom. Vaya con Dios.

We started a project where The Community (Usenet, Social Media, We The
People, whatever that means) will participate by looking for audio/video
clips of Mr. Bill O'Reilly, preferably when he was young reporter (WFAA
in Dallas, WFSB in Connecticut).

These are excellent examples of the material that we are looking for:

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy-Y3HJNU_s
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvdS-1dcVxw

Next, we are looking for professionals who will analyze the audio clips
and will emit their professional conclusion (not based on your wonderful
ear of which I am so envious! We need *numbers*, FFTs, Hidden Markov
Chains, etc.) on whether the reference utterances match this audio,
which Mr. O'Reilly says it does not exist:

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meiGNwH3H30

I am preparing a web site, based on the material that I have so far:

    http://goo.gl/2NfCgg

The idea is to grow that web site with *YOUR* participation.

TIA,

-Ramon

"Ramon F Herrera" < dick-head troll @conexus.net> wrote in message
> > *Important Note:* > > If you rather not be involved in activism, anything remotely > political etc. PLEASE go to the next post. Shalom. Vaya con Dios.
Important note: the OP is a fuck-faced cross-posting troll, with his head deep in his own arse hole. PLEASE fuck off and die. Vaya con Satanas, skidmark .
*IMPORTANT NOTE:*

If your immediate reaction was:

"Aha! This is my chance to get rich and famous!!"...

... well, you are half right.   :-)

-Ramon

"Ramon F Herrera" <ramon@conexus.net> wrote in message
> > *IMPORTANT NOTE:* > > If your immediate reaction was: > > "Aha! This is my chance to get rich and famous!!"...
IMPORTANT NOTE: convicted ax-murderer Ramon F Herrara's middle name is "fuck-head". Aha! This is Ramon demonstrating that he's a useless piece of donkey shit.
One thing we know, Dear None: You are NOT Mr. O'Reilly. How do we know it? Because when Mr. O'Really issued an statement where he doubles down: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2015/03/10/oreilly-ally-in-jfk-florida-dustup-i-have-no-explanation-for-audiotape/ and denies the existence of that tape: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2015/03/05/msnbcs-rachel-maddow-highlights-falsehoods-of-fox-news-host-bill-oreilly/ The Undisputed King of Cable News said (reading from a piece of paper): "Just go to www... and scroll down --- Whatever that means". -Ramon
On 3/15/2015 1:58 PM, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
> The idea is to grow that web site with *YOUR* participation.
If you rather not get involved in the conflicting, controversial aspect but love DSP, audio, the technical part... ... that is perfectly acceptable!!! Just write to ramon at patriot dot net OTOH, if you are a political animal, but are not exactly knowledgeable about speech processing, telephony, etc... ... You are welcome as well! You could call WFAA in Dallas asking them for material from the late 70s, early 80s. You could help spreading the word. -Ramon Again: If you dislike getting things done via Usenet, Internet, forums, etc. (Arab Spring comes to mind): PLEASE go to the next post. God Bless You. Sayonara.
> On 3/15/2015 2:04 PM, None wrote: >> PLEASE fuck off and die. Vaya con Satanas, skidmark >> . > > One thing we know, Dear None: > > You are NOT Mr. O'Reilly.
One thing we know, rat-shit Ramon, is that you're a fucking asshole. How do we know that? Because cross-posting trolls are fucking assholes.
On 3/15/2015 2:28 PM, None wrote:
> One thing we know, rat-shit Ramon, is that you're a fucking asshole. How > do we know that? Because cross-posting trolls are fucking assholes.
Actually, when we designed Usenet (I am cursed with being involved with the technical aspect as well as the activism :-) we allowed for cross-posting. Complain to your provider or get some newsreader which ignores cross-posting! -Ramon F Herrera, Internet Pioneer and Co-Founder while at MIT (*) Muchas Gracias, Al!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Al_Gore_and_information_technology ps: Al Gore was inducted to the Internet Hall of Fame, where Conservatives need not apply. pps: Mr. Gore was also appointed by his best friend, Steve Jobs, as Member of the Apple Board of Directors, where Conservatives need not apply.
On Sun, 15 Mar 2015, Ramon F Herrera wrote:

> On 3/15/2015 2:28 PM, None wrote: >> One thing we know, rat-shit Ramon, is that you're a fucking asshole. How >> do we know that? Because cross-posting trolls are fucking assholes. > > Actually, when we designed Usenet (I am cursed with being involved with the > technical aspect as well as the activism :-) we allowed for cross-posting. > > Complain to your provider or get some newsreader which ignores cross-posting! > > -Ramon F Herrera, Internet Pioneer and Co-Founder while at MIT >
What in the world does that mean? The "internet" didn't come along till some vague point in the eighties. So being a "pioneer" isn't all that worthy, not when lots of pioneering went on at Arpanet. Co-Founder of what? Usenet started in 1979, because some were aware of the mailing lists on Arpanet, but had no access. So it was telephone based, collect up messages and sent them out in batches to the next computer over, bringing incoming messages from there. Transport eventually moved to the internet, but for a reasonable time, it was independent of the internet. If you're going to claim something, get the details right. Michael > (*) Muchas Gracias, Al!!!
At MIT, we were sponsored by ARPA (later renamed DARPA). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA They wanted to brag, using the name ARPANet. At the time they sent us a memo saying that the proper name was "DARPA Internet". A few years later, we were told that the name was NSFNet. In Venezuela, 2-3 companies attempted to have exclusive use of the word "Internet" as a trade mark. One of them was CompuServe. In a conference, in front of many people (yours truly being the country's Internet Tzar at the time), I gave the president of the company an earful, plus all the ridicule in Usenet, mailing lists, etc. -Ramon ps: Here's the whole scoop: http://www.amazon.com/Where-Wizards-Stay-Up-Late/dp/0684832674