Forums

OT: Mouse Action Reassignments.

Started by Jim Thompson November 29, 2014
Is there a program that will reassign mouse actions?

I'd like the following (Window-specific to PSpice Schematics)...

Mouse wheel forward one click, send <Ctrl-I>,<space-bar>,<esc>

Mouse wheel reverse one click, send <Ctrl-O>,<space-bar>,<esc>

                                        ...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote in

> Is there a program that will reassign mouse actions? > > I'd like the following (Window-specific to PSpice Schematics)... > > Mouse wheel forward one click, send <Ctrl-I>,<space-bar>,<esc> > > Mouse wheel reverse one click, send <Ctrl-O>,<space-bar>,<esc> > > > ...Jim Thompson
<http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm> It can do that easily and more on a program specific basis. I strongly reccomend using it with a 5 button mouse as it lets you set up a button as a 'shift' key to select a different set of actions for the other buttons, which vastly increases the number of actions you can customise without loosing the default click and right-click actions that nearly every windows program needs. -- Ian Malcolm. London, ENGLAND. (NEWSGROUP REPLY PREFERRED) ianm[at]the[dash]malcolms[dot]freeserve[dot]co[dot]uk [at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & >32K emails --> NUL
On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 22:35:04 +0000 (UTC), Ian Malcolm
<See.My.Sig.for.email@totally.invalid> wrote:

>Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote in >news:4lgk7a5r0u0dfmitlfdfj3itdle4ipmbf3@4ax.com: > >> Is there a program that will reassign mouse actions? >> >> I'd like the following (Window-specific to PSpice Schematics)... >> >> Mouse wheel forward one click, send <Ctrl-I>,<space-bar>,<esc> >> >> Mouse wheel reverse one click, send <Ctrl-O>,<space-bar>,<esc> >> >> >> ...Jim Thompson > ><http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm> > >It can do that easily and more on a program specific basis. I strongly >reccomend using it with a 5 button mouse as it lets you set up a button >as a 'shift' key to select a different set of actions for the other >buttons, which vastly increases the number of actions you can customise >without loosing the default click and right-click actions that nearly >every windows program needs.
Thanks, Ian! I have an old Logitech M510 that I love, with Left-Wheel-Right plus two on the left side I've haven't used to the point I forgot they existed... maybe I should learn to use them ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
In article <4lgk7a5r0u0dfmitlfdfj3itdle4ipmbf3@4ax.com>, To-Email-Use-
The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com says...
> > Is there a program that will reassign mouse actions? > > I'd like the following (Window-specific to PSpice Schematics)... > > Mouse wheel forward one click, send <Ctrl-I>,<space-bar>,<esc> > > Mouse wheel reverse one click, send <Ctrl-O>,<space-bar>,<esc> > > > ...Jim Thompson
Sure can.. Lay a transparent window over the window of your choice, dock it with that window so that it moves along with the window of your choice. Capture mouse movements and insert keys into the keyboard buffer when ever the desired state is detected. Pspice would need to run from a parent program of course so that it can properly initiate itself and monitor the actions of Pspice.. For this, I could almost do this with my eyes closed, well, If I had some one taking instructions and doing it for me I most likely could do it with my eyes closed :) Jamie
On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 15:06:21 -0700, Jim Thompson
<To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com> Gave us:

>Is there a program that will reassign mouse actions? > >I'd like the following (Window-specific to PSpice Schematics)... > >Mouse wheel forward one click, send <Ctrl-I>,<space-bar>,<esc> > >Mouse wheel reverse one click, send <Ctrl-O>,<space-bar>,<esc> > > > ...Jim Thompson
You can buy a keyboard extension device, which gamers use to add keystrokes together, or they have 'gaming' keyboards that do it as well. Logitech was the first, but there are many now. Not cheap either though. I use both a G19 and a G25 keyboard, and I also have a Belkin brand (good brand for PC gear) 'Nostromo' Gaming keypad, called a "speedpad". Looks like the G13 is the thing though. It even shows what song you are playing, and beats all the programmable mice for that alone, as they are all overpriced. This was not bad at $38. I want one as a companion for my keyboards. <http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G13-Programmable-Gameboard-Display/dp/B001NEK2GE>
On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 18:36:43 -0500, "Maynard A. Philbrook Jr."
<jamie_ka1lpa@charter.net> Gave us:

>In article <4lgk7a5r0u0dfmitlfdfj3itdle4ipmbf3@4ax.com>, To-Email-Use- >The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com says... >> >> Is there a program that will reassign mouse actions? >> >> I'd like the following (Window-specific to PSpice Schematics)... >> >> Mouse wheel forward one click, send <Ctrl-I>,<space-bar>,<esc> >> >> Mouse wheel reverse one click, send <Ctrl-O>,<space-bar>,<esc> >> >> >> ...Jim Thompson > >Sure can.. > > Lay a transparent window over the window of your choice, dock it with >that window so that it moves along with the window of your choice. >Capture mouse movements and insert keys into the keyboard buffer when >ever the desired state is detected. > > Pspice would need to run from a parent program of course so that it can >properly initiate itself and monitor the actions of Pspice.. > > For this, I could almost do this with my eyes closed, well, If I had >some one taking instructions and doing it for me I most likely could >do it with my eyes closed :) > >Jamie
The "recorder" that came with Xp and the like allowed one to record ALL actions in a session, including exact mouse position info for perfect playback. I do not know if it still exists or not.
On 11/29/2014 6:36 PM, Maynard A. Philbrook Jr. wrote:
> In article <4lgk7a5r0u0dfmitlfdfj3itdle4ipmbf3@4ax.com>, To-Email-Use- > The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com says... >> >> Is there a program that will reassign mouse actions? >> >> I'd like the following (Window-specific to PSpice Schematics)... >> >> Mouse wheel forward one click, send <Ctrl-I>,<space-bar>,<esc> >> >> Mouse wheel reverse one click, send <Ctrl-O>,<space-bar>,<esc> >> >> >> ...Jim Thompson > > Sure can.. > > Lay a transparent window over the window of your choice, dock it with > that window so that it moves along with the window of your choice. > Capture mouse movements and insert keys into the keyboard buffer when > ever the desired state is detected. > > Pspice would need to run from a parent program of course so that it can > properly initiate itself and monitor the actions of Pspice.. > > For this, I could almost do this with my eyes closed, well, If I had > some one taking instructions and doing it for me I most likely could > do it with my eyes closed :)
Bah, real programmers don't need monitors... -- Rick
In article <pirk7a9r7sq2cu1fc5toui6vhoedqq9nl7@4ax.com>, DLU1
@DecadentLinuxUser.org says...
> > On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 18:36:43 -0500, "Maynard A. Philbrook Jr." > <jamie_ka1lpa@charter.net> Gave us: > > >In article <4lgk7a5r0u0dfmitlfdfj3itdle4ipmbf3@4ax.com>, To-Email-Use- > >The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com says... > >> > >> Is there a program that will reassign mouse actions? > >> > >> I'd like the following (Window-specific to PSpice Schematics)... > >> > >> Mouse wheel forward one click, send <Ctrl-I>,<space-bar>,<esc> > >> > >> Mouse wheel reverse one click, send <Ctrl-O>,<space-bar>,<esc> > >> > >> > >> ...Jim Thompson > > > >Sure can.. > > > > Lay a transparent window over the window of your choice, dock it with > >that window so that it moves along with the window of your choice. > >Capture mouse movements and insert keys into the keyboard buffer when > >ever the desired state is detected. > > > > Pspice would need to run from a parent program of course so that it can > >properly initiate itself and monitor the actions of Pspice.. > > > > For this, I could almost do this with my eyes closed, well, If I had > >some one taking instructions and doing it for me I most likely could > >do it with my eyes closed :) > > > >Jamie > > The "recorder" that came with Xp and the like allowed one to record > ALL actions in a session, including exact mouse position info for > perfect playback. I do not know if it still exists or not.
It still exist but I've never found a use for it, it's more for monitoring messages of the keyboard, mouse etc.. JournalPlayBack and JournalRecord. One can define a Hot Key to spit out a series of what you need. I've also done that too. Jamie
Jim Thompson wrote:
> > Is there a program that will reassign mouse actions? > > I'd like the following (Window-specific to PSpice Schematics)... > > Mouse wheel forward one click, send <Ctrl-I>,<space-bar>,<esc> > > Mouse wheel reverse one click, send <Ctrl-O>,<space-bar>,<esc>
Have you ever tried one of these? I use one, along with the mouse for several programs. You can custom program the functions for different programs. Drivers for Windows or Mac are on their website. http://store.griffintechnology.com/powermate -- Anyone wanting to run for any political office in the US should have to have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 22:35:04 +0000 (UTC), Ian Malcolm
<See.My.Sig.for.email@totally.invalid> wrote:

>Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote in >news:4lgk7a5r0u0dfmitlfdfj3itdle4ipmbf3@4ax.com: > >> Is there a program that will reassign mouse actions? >> >> I'd like the following (Window-specific to PSpice Schematics)... >> >> Mouse wheel forward one click, send <Ctrl-I>,<space-bar>,<esc> >> >> Mouse wheel reverse one click, send <Ctrl-O>,<space-bar>,<esc> >> >> >> ...Jim Thompson > ><http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm> > >It can do that easily and more on a program specific basis. I strongly >reccomend using it with a 5 button mouse as it lets you set up a button >as a 'shift' key to select a different set of actions for the other >buttons, which vastly increases the number of actions you can customise >without loosing the default click and right-click actions that nearly >every windows program needs.
Thanks so much, Ian, XMouseButtonControl works fantastically! That completes my need for "keyboard aggravation removal" from common activities in PSpice Schematics... my tools... XMouseButtonControl gives me zoom in and out with the wheel instead of ctrl-I/O plus left mouse click ScrollNavigator lets me pan by right-clicking and dragging rather than having to use the scroll bars MacroExpress provides all the common fill-in the blanks needs... like, while inside the title block, the INSERT key fills in the date and time (in PSpice, in Firefox I use InFormEnter) ClipPath grabs the full filename _with_path_ from a directory and places it on the clipboard GetData Graph Digitizer grabs X-Y data points from a datasheet graph... nice for quicky PWL's or for behavioral model development ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.