Forums

FPGA power consumption

Started by Phil Hobbs March 12, 2012
A client of mine is trying to build head mounted displays for the DARPA
SCENICC program.

http://tinyurl.com/6wygjlj

It is of course insanely ambitious--eye-resolution-limited imaging over
the full visual field at 60 fps or so.  It also has insanely ambitious
SWaP (size, weight, and power) goals: 250 grams including battery,
eyeglass or goggle form, power dissipation < 1W.

To try to make a sizing for that power dissipation, could you digital
folks give me an idea of how much computing power I can get for, say,
half a watt?

Thanks

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Posted to s.e.basics by mistake.  Sorry, all.

PH