Forums

I need an Arnold Schwarzenegger plug

Started by Unknown February 24, 2012
I'm installing an antenna system for my tv.  Using a coax splitter, it
says in the instructions that if there are any unused connectors on the
splitter, I need to install a Terminator.

I guess that means I need to get a plug from Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Does he sell them on rbay, or do I need to meet him in person to get
one?

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:08:21 -0600, fantastic@bignet.com wrote:

>I'm installing an antenna system for my tv. Using a coax splitter, it >says in the instructions that if there are any unused connectors on the >splitter, I need to install a Terminator. > >I guess that means I need to get a plug from Arnold Schwarzenegger. >Does he sell them on rbay, or do I need to meet him in person to get >one? > >
Go to Radio Shack, you'll get slightly less B.S. than you would from Arnold. Tom
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:26:56 -0500, Tom Biasi <tombiasi@optonline.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:08:21 -0600, fantastic@bignet.com wrote: > >>I'm installing an antenna system for my tv. Using a coax splitter, it >>says in the instructions that if there are any unused connectors on the >>splitter, I need to install a Terminator. >> >>I guess that means I need to get a plug from Arnold Schwarzenegger. >>Does he sell them on rbay, or do I need to meet him in person to get >>one? >> >> >Go to Radio Shack, you'll get slightly less B.S. than you would from >Arnold. > >Tom
Probably cheaper at Lowe's. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | Phoenix, Arizona 85048 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:08:21 -0600, fantastic@bignet.com wrote:

>I'm installing an antenna system for my tv. Using a coax splitter, it >says in the instructions that if there are any unused connectors on the >splitter, I need to install a Terminator. > >I guess that means I need to get a plug from Arnold Schwarzenegger. >Does he sell them on rbay, or do I need to meet him in person to get >one?
--- So Arnie, Sly, and Mel are sitting around one day talking about a movie they want to make about the baudy parts of the lives of three classical music composers and who's going to play their parts, but they can't decide on who's going to play who. Finally, in desperation, they choose Arnie to make the decision and he says: "Mel, you'll be Mozart, Sly, you'll be Chopin, and I'll be Bach. -- JF
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 19:23:09 -0600, John Fields wrote:

> Finally, in desperation, they choose Arnie to make the decision and he > says: "Mel, you'll be Mozart, Sly, you'll be Chopin, and I'll be Bach.
OK, that was uncalled for. There I was, innocently sipping my coffee, when out through my nose... -- To the landlord belongs the doorknobs.
fantastic@bignet.com wrote:
> > I'm installing an antenna system for my tv. Using a coax splitter, it > says in the instructions that if there are any unused connectors on the > splitter, I need to install a Terminator. > > I guess that means I need to get a plug from Arnold Schwarzenegger. > Does he sell them on rbay, or do I need to meet him in person to get > one?
You'll have to wear a female disguise, and meet him in the back room of an adult book store. Be sure you don't turn your back on him! ;-) -- You can't have a sense of humor, if you have no sense.
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:17:45 -0700, Jim Thompson
<To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:26:56 -0500, Tom Biasi <tombiasi@optonline.net> >wrote: > >>On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:08:21 -0600, fantastic@bignet.com wrote: >> >>>I'm installing an antenna system for my tv. Using a coax splitter, it >>>says in the instructions that if there are any unused connectors on the >>>splitter, I need to install a Terminator. >>> >>>I guess that means I need to get a plug from Arnold Schwarzenegger. >>>Does he sell them on rbay, or do I need to meet him in person to get >>>one? >>> >>> >>Go to Radio Shack, you'll get slightly less B.S. than you would from >>Arnold. >> >>Tom > >Probably cheaper at Lowe's. > > ...Jim Thompson
Yes, I keep forgetting they carry that stuff. Tom
"Tom Biasi" <tombiasi@optonline.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:17:45 -0700, Jim Thompson > > > Yes, I keep forgetting they carry that stuff. > > Tom >
Most folks never bother with terminations. I've done it both ways- with and without terminating the unused ports and it doesn't make much difference. For the purists, it is supposed to keep the characteristic impedance of the line balanced so there are no signal reflections at impedance discontinuities (i.e. signal doesn't say "I'll be back..."). Try to get a splitter that has the minimum number of ports that you need. The signal strength is divided among the number of ports - used or unused. If you have multiple tiers of splitters, you divide your signal at each splitter again. Try to keep things like cable modems with as high a signal as possible. Amplified splitters are another can of worms since most cable systems are bidirectional these days. If you're just using a rooftop antenna, depending on your signal strength, a simple inline amplifier or a amplified splitter is worth the money.
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 10:28:28 -0500, Tom Biasi <tombiasi@optonline.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:17:45 -0700, Jim Thompson ><To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote: > >>On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:26:56 -0500, Tom Biasi <tombiasi@optonline.net> >>wrote: >> >>>On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:08:21 -0600, fantastic@bignet.com wrote: >>> >>>>I'm installing an antenna system for my tv. Using a coax splitter, it >>>>says in the instructions that if there are any unused connectors on the >>>>splitter, I need to install a Terminator. >>>> >>>>I guess that means I need to get a plug from Arnold Schwarzenegger. >>>>Does he sell them on rbay, or do I need to meet him in person to get >>>>one? >>>> >>>> >>>Go to Radio Shack, you'll get slightly less B.S. than you would from >>>Arnold. >>> >>>Tom >> >>Probably cheaper at Lowe's. >> >> ...Jim Thompson > > >Yes, I keep forgetting they carry that stuff. > >Tom
Yep, and nice crimper tools as well. I did my whole house using Pass & Seymour/Legrand/Lutron snap-in-the-wall-plate stuff. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | Phoenix, Arizona 85048 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
"John Fields"  wrote in message=20

> Finally, in desperation, they choose Arnie to make the decision and he > says: "Mel, you'll be Mozart, Sly, you'll be Chopin, and I'll be Bach.
I think I'll be Haydn under the table, and Dwayne Johnson says he'll be = the=20 Rachmaninoff. Paul=20