Forums

Cable channels on new TV won't program?!

Started by Bob Villa December 8, 2011
I have non-digital programming on an old set in one bedroom (Charter
cable) and I used a splitter to put it in another bedroom.
The old TV still has all the channels it had before but the new TV
will only program "antenna" and has 2 thru 13 and 23?! If I force
"cable" programming...it gets nothing!

I have no clue except to try a VCR as a tuner and see what happens!

Thanks for any ideas!
On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 08:12:32 -0800 (PST), Bob Villa
<pheeh.zero@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have non-digital programming on an old set in one bedroom (Charter >cable) and I used a splitter to put it in another bedroom. >The old TV still has all the channels it had before but the new TV >will only program "antenna" and has 2 thru 13 and 23?! If I force >"cable" programming...it gets nothing! > >I have no clue except to try a VCR as a tuner and see what happens! > >Thanks for any ideas!
Probably have to do a "scan for new channels" in cable mode to scan the used channels into memory. -- Mr.E
On Dec 8, 10:23=A0am, Mr.E <M...@totally.invalid> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 08:12:32 -0800 (PST), Bob Villa > > <pheeh.z...@gmail.com> wrote: > >I have non-digital programming on an old set in one bedroom (Charter > >cable) and I used a splitter to put it in another bedroom. > >The old TV still has all the channels it had before but the new TV > >will only program "antenna" and has 2 thru 13 and 23?! If I force > >"cable" programming...it gets nothing! > > >I have no clue except to try a VCR as a tuner and see what happens! > > >Thanks for any ideas! > > Probably have to do a "scan for new channels" in cable mode to scan > the used channels into memory. > -- > Mr.E
The programming was just a bit odd...reset to default and tried again and it worked! 61 analog and 48 digital channels were programmmed.
On Dec 8, 8:12=A0am, Bob Villa <pheeh.z...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have non-digital programming on an old set in one bedroom (Charter > cable) and I used a splitter to put it in another bedroom. > The old TV still has all the channels it had before but the new TV > will only program "antenna" and has 2 thru 13 and 23?! If I force > "cable" programming...it gets nothing! > > I have no clue except to try a VCR as a tuner and see what happens! > > Thanks for any ideas!
Is the TV an LG? I had your problem on Cox cable in Southern Cal and it took me a while to sort out TV from digital TV from cable DTV and cable analog. I did eventually win that war but not until reading the manual about channel scans and goofing it up a few times. It took some manual channel editing to get it to behave reasonably well. When did TV get so danged convoluted? G=B2
On Dec 8, 11:41=A0pm, stratu...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Dec 8, 8:12=A0am, Bob Villa <pheeh.z...@gmail.com> wrote: >
> > Is the TV an LG? I had your problem on Cox cable in Southern Cal and > it took me a while to sort out TV from digital TV from cable DTV and > cable analog. I did eventually win that war but not until reading the > manual about channel scans and goofing it up a few times. It took some > manual channel editing to get it to behave reasonably well. When did > TV get so danged convoluted? > > G=B2
This is a Coby 23" (BestBuy deal) and at 1st it would not allow a "check mark" for "cable"? I reset to "default", checked "cable" and clicked "start". It programmed everything...including access channels from about 5 counties! It seems like a decent TV except for sound quality.