Are there 22.5v. batteries?

Started by Ramon F. Herrera November 27, 2011
"Michael A. Terrell" <mike.terrell@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Jamie wrote: >> >> He's in kangaroo land. I think he has been hanging around >> them just a little to long! >> Ever hear the song "Lay me kangaroo down sport" > > > You're a pervert, Maynard!
I've heard of Aussie housewives being injured by amorous kangaroos that came in through doors left open. There's also a youtube clip of an interview with a kangaroo reserve warden where the camera catches a kangaroo wanking in the background. But I think shagging a kangaroo is strictly experts only territory!
So this is what happens when you breath in the smoke while soldering.

Ian Field wrote:
> > "Michael A. Terrell" <mike.terrell@earthlink.net> wrote in message > news:yqmdnRKXooGyXEnTnZ2dnUVZ_rKdnZ2d@earthlink.com... > > > > Jamie wrote: > >> > >> He's in kangaroo land. I think he has been hanging around > >> them just a little to long! > >> Ever hear the song "Lay me kangaroo down sport" > > > > > > You're a pervert, Maynard! > > I've heard of Aussie housewives being injured by amorous kangaroos that came > in through doors left open. > > There's also a youtube clip of an interview with a kangaroo reserve warden > where the camera catches a kangaroo wanking in the background. > > But I think shagging a kangaroo is strictly experts only territory!
I think Maynard taught Phil the 'tricks' of that trade. They do fight like an old married couple. -- You can't have a sense of humor, if you have no sense.
BeeJ wrote:

> So this is what happens when you breath in the smoke while soldering.
"Breath" is a noun. It's the stuff that you breathe. Hope This Helps! Rich
"Rich Grise" <richg@example.net.invalid> wrote in message
> BeeJ wrote: > >> So this is what happens when you breath in the smoke while soldering. > > "Breath" is a noun. It's the stuff that you breathe.
Pork can be a verb.
On Nov 27, 11:53=A0pm, "Michael A. Terrell" <mike.terr...@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> "Ramon F. Herrera" wrote: > > > On Nov 27, 6:03 pm, "Ramon F. Herrera" <ra...@conexus.net> wrote: > > > I was looking at the schematics of the first transistor radio, the > > > Regency TR-1, and noticed that it uses a 22.5v. battery. > > > >http://people.msoe.edu/~reyer/regency/schematic.jpg > > > > Later models use a more normal battery such as 9v. > > > > -Ramon > > > They have one for sale on eBay for $800. I wonder whether it comes > > with battery, and most important whether it works... > > =A0 =A0It is a collectable radio. It was Regency's first solid state radi=
> and it's likely to have one or more bad transistors, plus bad > electrolytics. =A0Leave it for someone who collects & restores them, if > you don't want to spend another $100 or more in parts & labor to make > sure it works properly. >
Michael, I wouldn't worry about Ramon. He and Al Gore invented the Internet. If you don't believe it just ask him. BWAHAHAHA.
"Ron M." wrote:
> > On Nov 27, 11:53 pm, "Michael A. Terrell" ?mike.terr...@earthlink.net? > wrote: > ? "Ramon F. Herrera" wrote: > ? > ? ? On Nov 27, 6:03 pm, "Ramon F. Herrera" ?ra...@conexus.net? wrote: > ? ? ? I was looking at the schematics of the first transistor radio, the > ? ? ? Regency TR-1, and noticed that it uses a 22.5v. battery. > ? > ? ? ?http://people.msoe.edu/~reyer/regency/schematic.jpg > ? > ? ? ? Later models use a more normal battery such as 9v. > ? > ? ? ? -Ramon > ? > ? ? They have one for sale on eBay for $800. I wonder whether it comes > ? ? with battery, and most important whether it works... > ? > ? It is a collectable radio. It was Regency's first solid state radio > ? and it's likely to have one or more bad transistors, plus bad > ? electrolytics. Leave it for someone who collects ? restores them, if > ? you don't want to spend another $100 or more in parts ? labor to make > ? sure it works properly. > ? > Michael, I wouldn't worry about Ramon. He and Al Gore invented the > Internet. If you don't believe it just ask him. BWAHAHAHA.
I was wondering where he was going to get the $800 for a 40+ year old tadio. -- You can't have a sense of humor, if you have no sense.
On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 16:03:05 -0800 (PST), "Ramon F. Herrera"
<ramon@conexus.net> wrote:

>I was looking at the schematics of the first transistor radio, the >Regency TR-1, and noticed that it uses a 22.5v. battery.
The 22.5V battery was quite common at phone companies many years ago. It was built up as a "brick" from 15 AA carbon cell batteries in a 3x5 package. Looked hand-wired to me when I used to use them circa 1970. I would get mine from the local phone company, for free. Jon
On Nov 29, 4:22=A0pm, "Michael A. Terrell" <mike.terr...@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> fungus wrote: > > > On Nov 28, 11:29 pm, "Ramon F. Herrera" <ra...@conexus.net> wrote: > > > > In any event, this is what happened: I did a Google search of a "22 > > > volt battery" and found nothing usable. I then realized that 22 is no=
> > > divisible by 1.5 but still wanted to hear the comments of you kind > > > folks. > > > My comment is that batteries don't put out 1.5 volts. > > > I know, I've measured quite a few... > > =A0 =A0Yet you don't know what 'Nominal Voltage' means. >
Sure I do. I means his voltage doesn't have to be exactly divisible by 1.5.