Reply by a a June 19, 20222022-06-19
On Sunday, 19 June 2022 at 21:02:08 UTC+2, John Doe wrote:
..
John Doe’s profile photo
John Doe
03:32 (19 hours ago)
Eddie, the Astraweb nym-shifting stalker is flagging off-topic posts
with its forgery of my ID, then replies to its own forgery. Strange but true.

Eddie has never posted anything NORMAL except when it got a spanking...

https://groups.google.com/g/sci.electronics.repair/c/MesPLcGU4BE

See also...
John Doe <always.look message.header> (Astraweb, Aioe.org)
Peter Weiner <dtgamer99 gmail.com>
Edward H. <dtgamer99 gmail.com>
Edward Hernandez <dtgamer99 gmail.com>

--
John Doe <alway...@message.header> wrote:

> Path: eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!aioe.org!news.uzoreto.com!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx03.ams4.POSTED!not-for-mail > From: John Doe <alway...@message.header> > Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,free.spam > Subject: You have won an John Deere Mower > Followup-To: alt.test.group > References: <13751d9d-2179-4542...@googlegroups.com> > Injection-Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 19:02:40 -0000 (UTC) > Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="aefae07b417003b570527823e77a9930"; logging-data="29200"; mail-complaints-to="ab...@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX18QBXYPJWay5G0R7zD10mjY5gUD5xOvt6I=" > User-Agent: Xnews/2006.08.05 > Lines: 28 > Message-ID: <kQsrK.200683$BZ99...@usenetxs.com> > X-Complaints-To: https://www.astraweb.com/aup > NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 23:02:40 UTC > Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 23:02:40 GMT > X-Received-Bytes: 2206 > Xref: reader02.eternal-september.org sci.electronics.design:671990 free.spam:19132
Reply by John Doe June 19, 20222022-06-19
*it
Reply by John Doe June 19, 20222022-06-19
a a <manta103g@gmail.com> wrote:

Are you from Poland?

I would make sense. Poland sucks.
On Sunday, 19 June 2022 at 20:26:10 UTC+2, Don wrote:
> Rich S wrote: > > Don wrote: > >> Many consumer grade USB power banks come with a built-in > >> automatic shutdown circuit. Light loads, such as the nominal > >> 6.8 &mu;A drawn by a portable MP3 player, are not enough to > >> prevent shutdown. To compensate, this project uses > >> a 555 to nominally pull 100 mA every 5.5 seconds. > >> > >> ( excerpt - read more at https://crcomp.net/mp3mod/index.php ) > > > > Hello Don, you're obviously a handy guy, so > > why not just open up the power bank, and > > bypass that 'auto-shut-off' circuitry? > > > > Maybe you use this power back for other uses? > > So you still want the auto-shut off? > > > > I don't see the logic why that feature is needed > > in the power bank, anyway. Any electronic device (beyond > > a simple thing like a light) is likely to have its own auto-shut > > -off function. > > > > But you do want to preserve it, then I'd install a simple > > SPST switch to select bypassed- or native-behavior > > as you like. > One reason for me to leave the Power Bank unopened is it may open a can > of worms. Especially if it uses an undocumented, expoxied, exposed-lead > chip to control its charge cycle /and/ perform an automatic shutdown. > Also, my tear-down of the MP3 player to remove its battery and USB-B > port already sated my appetite to take things apart (for now). :) > You didn't comment on my MP3 player. Muchas Gracias. After all, the > player's merely an available adjunct to test my keepalive with a field > trial. > > Although the keepalive functioned as originally intended, the prospect > to double its efficiency tempted me to replace R2's original 150 K ohm > value with a 300 K ohm. So my page now reflects R2's new value: > <https://crcomp.net/mp3mod/index.php> > The keepalive successfully functions on two distinct Power Banks > with different capacities, marketed under separate brands. Besides auto- > shutdown, both Power Banks also share similar design language [1], as if > they both originate from the same factory in China. > > Note. > > [1] https://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/design+language > Danke, > > -- > Don, KB7RPU, https://www.qsl.net/kb7rpu > There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light; > She set out one day In a relative way And returned on the previous night.
https://crcomp.net/arpanet/index.php fake https://crcomp.net/beebivouac/index.php fake https://crcomp.net/pseudocell/index.php fake replace AA cell by Li-Ion battery + step down controller + solar cell https://crcomp.net/mp3mod/index.php fake
Reply by Don June 19, 20222022-06-19
Rich S wrote:
> Don wrote: >> Many consumer grade USB power banks come with a built-in >> automatic shutdown circuit. Light loads, such as the nominal >> 6.8 &mu;A drawn by a portable MP3 player, are not enough to >> prevent shutdown. To compensate, this project uses >> a 555 to nominally pull 100 mA every 5.5 seconds. >> >> ( excerpt - read more at https://crcomp.net/mp3mod/index.php ) > > Hello Don, you're obviously a handy guy, so > why not just open up the power bank, and > bypass that 'auto-shut-off' circuitry? > > Maybe you use this power back for other uses? > So you still want the auto-shut off? > > I don't see the logic why that feature is needed > in the power bank, anyway. Any electronic device (beyond > a simple thing like a light) is likely to have its own auto-shut > -off function. > > But you do want to preserve it, then I'd install a simple > SPST switch to select bypassed- or native-behavior > as you like.
One reason for me to leave the Power Bank unopened is it may open a can of worms. Especially if it uses an undocumented, expoxied, exposed-lead chip to control its charge cycle /and/ perform an automatic shutdown. Also, my tear-down of the MP3 player to remove its battery and USB-B port already sated my appetite to take things apart (for now). :) You didn't comment on my MP3 player. Muchas Gracias. After all, the player's merely an available adjunct to test my keepalive with a field trial. Although the keepalive functioned as originally intended, the prospect to double its efficiency tempted me to replace R2's original 150 K ohm value with a 300 K ohm. So my page now reflects R2's new value: <https://crcomp.net/mp3mod/index.php> The keepalive successfully functions on two distinct Power Banks with different capacities, marketed under separate brands. Besides auto- shutdown, both Power Banks also share similar design language [1], as if they both originate from the same factory in China. Note. [1] https://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/design+language Danke, -- Don, KB7RPU, https://www.qsl.net/kb7rpu There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light; She set out one day In a relative way And returned on the previous night.
Reply by Rich S June 18, 20222022-06-18
On Saturday, June 11, 2022 at 9:04:48 PM UTC, Don wrote:
> Many consumer grade USB power banks come with a built-in > automatic shutdown circuit. Light loads, such as the nominal > 6.8 &mu;A drawn by a portable MP3 player, are not enough to > prevent shutdown. To compensate, this project uses > a 555 to nominally pull 100 mA every 5.5 seconds. > > ( excerpt - read more at https://crcomp.net/mp3mod/index.php ) > > Danke, > > -- > Don, KB7RPU, https://www.qsl.net/kb7rpu > There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light; > She set out one day In a relative way And returned on the previous night.
Hello Don, you're obviously a handy guy, so why not just open up the power bank, and bypass that 'auto-shut-off' circuitry? Maybe you use this power back for other uses? So you still want the auto-shut off? I don't see the logic why that feature is needed in the power bank, anyway. Any electronic device (beyond a simple thing like a light) is likely to have its own auto-shut -off function. But you do want to preserve it, then I'd install a simple SPST switch to select bypassed- or native-behavior as you like. cheers, Rich S.
Reply by Jasen Betts June 17, 20222022-06-17
On 2022-06-12, boB <boB@K7IQ.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Jun 2022 21:04:41 -0000 (UTC), "Don" <g@crcomp.net> wrote: > >> Many consumer grade USB power banks come with a built-in >> automatic shutdown circuit. Light loads, such as the nominal >> 6.8 ?A drawn by a portable MP3 player, are not enough to >> prevent shutdown. To compensate, this project uses >> a 555 to nominally pull 100 mA every 5.5 seconds. >> >> ( excerpt - read more at https://crcomp.net/mp3mod/index.php ) >> >>Danke, > > > forgot the 'u' in microamps.
He used a mu symbol, just your newsreader apparently can't handle the way he did that. -- Jasen.
Reply by Jan Panteltje June 13, 20222022-06-13
On a sunny day (Sun, 12 Jun 2022 09:14:24 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a
<manta103g@gmail.com> wrote in
<5f238ad3-dc3e-4fe5-830c-898dfed23cfen@googlegroups.com>:

>MP3 player is off-line device, so no more hot since you need to get one connected to smaretphone or PC to get music files >copied. > >MP3 is dead horse today , worth nothing
Bull, I have many mp3 capable things, credit card size mp3 / video player, what not, phone But my mp3 player is a 20 year old or so Creative Muvo, runs on an AAA Eneloop battery all day if needed, easy to charge or swap, I concatenated all my favorite music into one long mp3 so it can run unattended for many hours, and is small and simple to use.
>You risk nothing if you wear bluetooth earphones at the gym.
I prefer no RF shit next to my head, you see what it can do to people ;-)
>Destroy available MP3 devices and forget the problem
Silly
Reply by Cydrome Leader June 12, 20222022-06-12
Don <g@crcomp.net> wrote:
> a a wrote: >> Don wrote: >>> a a wrote: >>> > Don wrote: >>> >> Many consumer grade USB power banks come with a built-in >>> >> automatic shutdown circuit. Light loads, such as the nominal >>> >> 6.8 ??A drawn by a portable MP3 player, are not enough to >>> >> prevent shutdown. To compensate, this project uses >>> >> a 555 to nominally pull 100 mA every 5.5 seconds. >>> >> >>> >> ( excerpt - read more at https://crcomp.net/mp3mod/index.php ) >>> > smart powerbanks come 2 usb sockets, so you just connect your MP3 player >>> > to one usb socket and LED light to 2nd usb socket to keep it on. >>> > >>> > Smart MP3 platers come with internal battery, you can charge from power bank >>> Your blatantly obvious approach was the first solution attempted by me. >>> It was eventually, reluctantly, rejected because it doesn't work out so >>> well in practice. Read the link to find out why. >> >> MP3 player is an ancient product, no more offered on a market. >> Most guys prefer smartphone to get and play back music. > > It sounds about right - you're probably correct in regards to what most > people do. They use their phone to download MP3s from the Inet. > OTOH, my phone is used strictly for phone calls, SMS, and > photographs. By choice, it never connects to the Inet. > A plain MP3 player appeals to me in the same manner as a unix > command - it does only one job and it does it well. In this case, it > plays MP3s pre-loaded onto an SD card. And it actually is still sold on > ebay. There's a link to a retailer on my page.
Check out this dusty fool foaming over some trash mp3 player that requires an external battery pack plus some 555 hack nonsense to even stay powered on. Rediculous.
Reply by John Doe June 12, 20222022-06-12
a a <manta103g@gmail.com> wrote:

>> It is a little disappointing; how the original, simple MP3 players >> disappeared from the local retail market. >> >> I think it was the introduction of early small screens that killed >> them. Fashion trends are a bitch.
> MP3 player is off-line device, so no more hot since you need to get one > connected to smaretphone or PC to get music files copied. > > MP3 is dead horse today , worth nothing > > You risk nothing if you wear bluetooth earphones at the gym. > > Destroy available MP3 devices and forget the problem
Run that through Google Translate again, this time choose English as the target language.