Reply by David Eather May 23, 20222022-05-23
On 24/05/2022 6:57 am, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote:
> mandag den 23. maj 2022 kl. 22.04.48 UTC+2 skrev bill....@ieee.org: >> On Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 2:36:26 AM UTC+10, John Doe wrote: >>> In fact, Russia is trying to avoid killing civilians. It bent over backwards to let civilians escape from the Mariupol steel plant. >> That's a flat-out lie. It took a great deal of negotiation to get any civilians out of the Mariupol steel plant, and those that got out got out in dribs and drabs. >>> There are too many thugs in the world who believe using civilians as human shields is hunky-dory... >> Nobody would be silly enough to imagine that the Russians would be hesitant about shooting or bombing civilians. >>> Like people who have encouraged civilians to throw Molotov cocktails at soldiers. Then they whine about so-called war crimes. >> It's an anti-tank weapon, invented by the Russians (whence the name). > > The Molotov cocktail name came from the Finns in the Winter War as a reply to the Soviet foreign minister > > it was first used in the Spanish civil war _against_ the Russian tanks > >
Yep, all correct. Molotov was the Russian foreign minister at the time and he tried to negotiate / bully Finland into giving up about 10% of it's territory - supposedly because Leningrad was within artillery range of the Finish boarder. The truth was Finland had very little artillery, and what it did have was mostly light, obsolete 76mm stuff without the required range. Startlingly, most of the land Russia wanted was rich in minerals like nickel and did nothing to improve Leningrad's safety. FWIW, The current Russian brutality comes from a senior command mindset that by causing enough fear they will reduce the number of people willing to resist - another thing they learnt (incorrectly) from the Nazi's. Much of Putin's nuclear saber rattling comes from the same mindset, just with horrendously higher stakes.
On 24/05/2022 2:36 am, John Doe wrote:
> In fact, Russia is trying to avoid killing civilians. It bent over backwards > to let civilians escape from the Mariupol steel plant. > > There are too many thugs in the world who believe using civilians as human > shields is hunky-dory... > > Like people who have encouraged civilians to throw Molotov cocktails at > soldiers. Then they whine about so-called war crimes. > > Russia is doing its best, dealing with fools...
and up is down, left is right, and good is evil. You're a Putin Puppet
Reply by Lasse Langwadt Christensen May 23, 20222022-05-23
mandag den 23. maj 2022 kl. 22.04.48 UTC+2 skrev bill....@ieee.org:
> On Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 2:36:26 AM UTC+10, John Doe wrote: > > In fact, Russia is trying to avoid killing civilians. It bent over backwards to let civilians escape from the Mariupol steel plant. > That's a flat-out lie. It took a great deal of negotiation to get any civilians out of the Mariupol steel plant, and those that got out got out in dribs and drabs. > > There are too many thugs in the world who believe using civilians as human shields is hunky-dory... > Nobody would be silly enough to imagine that the Russians would be hesitant about shooting or bombing civilians. > > Like people who have encouraged civilians to throw Molotov cocktails at soldiers. Then they whine about so-called war crimes. > It's an anti-tank weapon, invented by the Russians (whence the name).
The Molotov cocktail name came from the Finns in the Winter War as a reply to the Soviet foreign minister it was first used in the Spanish civil war _against_ the Russian tanks
Reply by Anthony William Sloman May 23, 20222022-05-23
On Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 2:36:26 AM UTC+10, John Doe wrote:
> In fact, Russia is trying to avoid killing civilians. It bent over backwards to let civilians escape from the Mariupol steel plant.
That's a flat-out lie. It took a great deal of negotiation to get any civilians out of the Mariupol steel plant, and those that got out got out in dribs and drabs.
> There are too many thugs in the world who believe using civilians as human shields is hunky-dory...
Nobody would be silly enough to imagine that the Russians would be hesitant about shooting or bombing civilians.
> Like people who have encouraged civilians to throw Molotov cocktails at soldiers. Then they whine about so-called war crimes.
It's an anti-tank weapon, invented by the Russians (whence the name).
> Russia is doing its best, dealing with fools...
Russia is foolishly doing it's worst, foolishly hoping that it's criminal activities won't get the attention - and reap the consequences - they deserve. John Doe seems to be getting his material from some Russian propaganda outlet designed to appeal to complete idiots like him. -- Bill Sloman, Sydney (but in London UK at the moment).
Reply by Ed Lee May 23, 20222022-05-23
On Monday, May 23, 2022 at 9:36:26 AM UTC-7, John Doe wrote:
> In fact, Russia is trying to avoid killing civilians. It bent over backwards > to let civilians escape from the Mariupol steel plant. > > There are too many thugs in the world who believe using civilians as human > shields is hunky-dory... > > Like people who have encouraged civilians to throw Molotov cocktails at > soldiers. Then they whine about so-called war crimes. > > Russia is doing its best, dealing with fools...
Don't know what is your news sources. All international and independent news, other than RT and TASS, disagree with your assessment. Even aljazeera news, which is hardly pro-western, paints a different picture than your sources.
Reply by May 23, 20222022-05-23
John Dope <always.look@message.header> wrote in

> In fact, Russia is trying to avoid killing civilians. It bent over > backwards to let civilians escape from the Mariupol steel plant.
You are an idiot. They did no such thing. Backing the fuck away a mile or two would qualify. Anything else is bullshit.
> There are too many thugs in the world who believe using civilians > as human shields is hunky-dory...
Nobody in Ukraine is using anyone as a shield. The nation was invaded by a mechanised military incursion, destroying civilian non- military assests and murdering civillians.
> Like people who have encouraged civilians to throw Molotov > cocktails at soldiers. Then they whine about so-called war crimes.
They were told to do that AFTER war crimes were committed against them, you stupid dolt.
> Russia is doing its best, dealing with fools... >
You are an idiot and if that were true, we would have been free of you long ago. Another complete fool, dealt with.
Reply by John Doe May 23, 20222022-05-23
In fact, Russia is trying to avoid killing civilians. It bent over backwards
to let civilians escape from the Mariupol steel plant.

There are too many thugs in the world who believe using civilians as human
shields is hunky-dory...

Like people who have encouraged civilians to throw Molotov cocktails at
soldiers. Then they whine about so-called war crimes.

Russia is doing its best, dealing with fools...
Reply by whit3rd May 23, 20222022-05-23
On Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 5:02:21 PM UTC-7, John Doe wrote:
> Ricksy's favorite carmaker, on Friday... > > "Bet most people still don't know that a Clinton campaign lawyer, using > campaign funds, created an elaborate hoax
Yeah, like most people still don't know that two plus two is six.
On 23/05/2022 8:14 am, Ed Lee wrote:
> On Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 3:07:51 PM UTC-7, David Eather wrote: >> On 22/05/2022 9:16 am, David Eather wrote: >>> On 20/05/2022 8:56 pm, John Doe wrote: >>>> In fact... The sanctions and sending weapons to Ukraine (causing >>>> Russia to >>>> tear up Ukraine's railroads, causing Ukraine's massive wheat exports to >>>> stop) will cause a whole lot more deaths than Russian troops can cause. >>>> >>>> Pumping Ukraine full of weapons is killing Ukrainians in order to enrich >>>> the military-industrial complex, its stockholders, and its bribe takers. >>>> >>> No, Russian soldiers invading Ukraine are killing Ukrainians. Any >>> delivered weapons would just sit in a warehouse unless the Ukrainians >>> wanted the Russians gone. >>> >>> What part of Russia invaded Ukraine when it crossed the boarder don't >>> you understand? >>> >> that should probably be: >> >>> What part of Russia invaded Ukraine when it crossed the border don't >>> you understand? >>> >> >> Bottom line: Russia has already killed 20 million plus Ukrainians (and >> used the money they gained to modernize Russia). If they don't want to >> be under Russia's thumb they have earned the right to say no. > > 20 thousands plus?
no, 20 million plus. When Stalin took over Ukraine, he paid for his first 5 year plan by confiscating and then selling *all* the grain in Ukraine. As a result 20 million plus people starved to death. It has a lot to do with why so many Ukrainians don't like Russia and why they welcomed the Nazi's as liberators in WW2 (that soon changed when Ukrainians saw there was little difference between the two - Stalin killed 20 million, Hitler killed 6 million more of those who were left). There was a Ukrainian joke which I can't translate or tell properly which goes something like this: A family is woken up in the middle of the night by loud sounds in the kitchen. The wife says to the husband, "Get up, we are being robbed. Maybe the Russians have come back". The husband goes down to the kitchen and sees Satan and a bunch of demons eating all the best food and generally destroying the place. So he goes back and crawls into bed again and tries to go to sleep. The wife starts waking him up saying "who is it robbing us. Is it the Russians again?" Husband said "NO, relax. It is just Satan and some demons from hell robbing us". The wife says "Humph, that's good, at least they will leave us something". Then they both roll over and go to sleep. There was a movie on Netflix about this period in history fairly accurate with no sensationalized events called "Mr Jones". Worth watching.
Reply by Edward Hernandez May 22, 20222022-05-22
Further, Troll Doe stated the following in message-id
<svsh05$lbh$5@dont-email.me> posted Fri, 4 Mar 2022 08:01:09 -0000
(UTC):

> Compared to other regulars, Bozo contributes practically nothing > except insults to this group.
Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) Troll Doe's post ratio to USENET (**) has been 60.8% of its posts contributing "nothing except insults" to USENET. ** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) Troll Doe has posted at least 1483 articles to USENET. Of which 154 have been pure insults and 747 have been Troll Doe "troll format" postings. The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$4@dont-email.me>:
And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$1@dont-email.me>:
> The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from > breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is > CLUELESS...
And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has continued to post incorrectly formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on Mon, 23 May 2022 00:27:56 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <t6ekeb$tb0$14@dont-email.me>). NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam. This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups readers who happen by to point out that the John Doe troll does not even follow the rules it uses to troll other posters. OuiA8em8anzg