Reply by John Doe April 11, 20222022-04-11
Speaking of YouTube's bad examples...

YouTube video makers love to paw circuit boards, putting their fingers ALL
OVER them. Surely there are exceptions, but it's COMMON.

My understanding is KEEP YOUR PAWS OFF OF THE CIRCUIT BOARD.
I use aluminum foil in the area, but of course that's not ideal.

Maybe the electrostatic discharge sensitivity of components has changed, or
maybe not and they wonder why "the stupid thing doesn't work!"

I wrote:

> Just stick a needle in it to release the pressure. > > There are more than a few such videos on YouTube.
Reply by John Doe April 11, 20222022-04-11
Bozo is a clown.

Bozo Bill Sloman, the most frequent troll in this group, is an
attention-craving chronic liar who cannot be reasoned with...

"the Mueller investigation was about Trump only because Trump made it so"
(Bozo paraphrased)

"the concepts "male" and "female" are essentially social constructions"
(Bill Sloman)
Reply by Anthony William Sloman April 11, 20222022-04-11
On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 3:10:30 AM UTC+10, John Doe wrote:
> Unlike Bill, I was raised to tell the truth.
So was I. Happily I have enough sense to be able to distinguish between truth and lies. John Doe doesn't, and goes for the story he likes, and declares it to be "true" no matter how implausible it happens to be.
> This thread was, or so I thought, obvious sarcasm.
It might have been, if the original poster had a better posting history. As it is, John Doe is making one more implausible claim in the hope of being seen as slightly less of an idiot than he actually is. "There are more than a few such videos on YouTube" doesn't convey any message about how misleading most of them are. -- Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply by John Doe April 10, 20222022-04-10
If not obvious sarcasm, at least obvious comedy.

The diversionary tactic is noted.

Ed Lee <edward.ming.lee@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, April 10, 2022 at 10:10:30 AM UTC-7, John Doe wrote: >> Unlike Bozo (the chronic liar), I was raised to tell the truth. >> >> This thread was, or so I thought, obvious sarcasm. > > It was not really obvious. Is your opposition to Russian Sanction also sarcasm? >
Reply by Ed Lee April 10, 20222022-04-10
On Sunday, April 10, 2022 at 10:10:30 AM UTC-7, John Doe wrote:
> Unlike Bozo (the chronic liar), I was raised to tell the truth. > > This thread was, or so I thought, obvious sarcasm.
It was not really obvious. Is your opposition to Russian Sanction also sarcasm?
Reply by John Doe April 10, 20222022-04-10
Unlike Bozo (the chronic liar), I was raised to tell the truth.

This thread was, or so I thought, obvious sarcasm.

Bozo Bill Sloman, the most frequent troll in this group, is an
attention-craving chronic liar who cannot be reasoned with...

"the Mueller investigation was about Trump only because Trump made it so"
(Bozo paraphrased)

"the concepts "male" and "female" are essentially social constructions"
(Bill Sloman)
Reply by Anthony William Sloman April 10, 20222022-04-10
On Sunday, April 10, 2022 at 3:38:01 PM UTC+10, John Doe wrote:

> DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote: > > > John Dope <alway...@message.header> wrote in news:t2r203$oe$1@dont- > > email.me: > > > >> Just stick a needle in it to release the pressure. > >> > >> There are more than a few such videos on YouTube. > > > > Treating the symptoms is NOT a fix. > > > > The only fix is replacement, because the way these batteries age > > means that even if one could return the package to the original form > > factor, the medium inside is still already fucked. > > > > John Dope is not very bright... at all. > > Not the first time something obvious to most people in this group blew right over the head of Always Wrong...
One has to wonder what John Doe thought that Decadent Linux User Numero Uno had missed. For somebody who complains that other people aren't susceptible to reasonable argument, John Doe is strangely reluctant to specify the particular part of the post he is actually objecting to. John Doe does seem to think that batteries only swell because they are gassing, and that sticking a needle in will release the gas. This isn't the only way that batteries can end up looking bloated - a point that will have been obvious to most of the people who post here, even if John Doe isn't aware of it. He has shot himself in the foot here, not for the first time. -- Bill Sloman, Sydney
On Sunday, April 10, 2022 at 2:03:15 PM UTC+10, palli...@gmail.com wrote:
> John Dope wrote: > > ======================= > > > > Just stick a needle in it to release the pressure. > > ** Does the same idea work for bloated egos ? > > Like yours ??
John Doe's ego only looks bloated when it is compared with what it ought to be. John Doe is so dim that he advances opinions that he ought to suppress, but he's too dim to realise how ridiculous they are. Granting the sheer incompetence of his performance he should be a shrinking violet dedicated to being as inoffensive and unnoticed as possible, but he's too dim to realise this. Compare and contrast with yourself and John Larkin - all three of you exhibit the same degree of unjustified bloat, but you and John imagine your competence in your own narrow areas of expertise justify flamboyant pontifications about subjects you know very little about. John Doe doesn't seem to have any expertise at all. -- Bill Sloman, Sydney

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:

> John Dope <always.look@message.header> wrote in news:t2r203$oe$1@dont- > email.me: > >> Just stick a needle in it to release the pressure. >> >> There are more than a few such videos on YouTube. > > Treating the symptoms is NOT a fix. > > The only fix is replacement, because the way these batteries age > means that even if one could return the package to the original form > factor, the medium inside is still already fucked. > > John Dope is not very bright... at all.
Reply by Phil Allison April 10, 20222022-04-10
John Dope wrote:

> > Just stick a needle in it to release the pressure.
** Does the same idea work for bloated egos ? Like yours ?? ... Phil