Reply by Ed Lee November 24, 20212021-11-24
On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 5:12:10 PM UTC-8, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
> Ed Lee <edward....@gmail.com> wrote in > news:93fe884b-282b-4c11...@googlegroups.com: > > Gasoline price reached new highs of $6/gal. > Maybe where you are. > > Orange price reached new low of $1/gal (in a Krogger's food for > > less store). > That shit is NOT "orange juice".
But it's pretty good. Of course not as good as fresh juice, but considering the price ...
> > Is it because too expensive to ship OJ. > What part of "from concentrate" do you not understand? > > I guess CA makes lot of > > OJ. > All the shitty oranges. The nice ones end up in grocery stores. > > > OJ cheaper than H2O. > > The way you act, yours had a touch of yeast in it before you got > it. > >Almost free for local pickup. > Can you power a space fight booster with it?
Yes, if you extract all the sugar in it. Excellent fuel for sugar rocket. I was thinking about building one for my EV's regen charging.
> > Anyone from FL can comment on their local prices? > I suppose they can, but you can google gas prices and maybe even > grocery prices per locality. Ever use google maps?
Special deals like the 99 cents FoodsCo OJ doesn't show up at all.
Reply by November 24, 20212021-11-24
Cydrome Leader <presence@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote in

> John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote: >> On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 21:26:33 +0000, Tom Gardner >> <spamjunk@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: >> >>>On 24/11/21 17:55, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote: >>>> Fresh seasonal stuff is great. Mandarins, cranberry beans, >>>> bizarre asian melons, artichokes, technicolor cauliflowers. >>> >>>Strawberry season used to last 2/3 weeks, during which you >>>would pig yourself on them. And at the end, you didn't want >>>to see another until next year. >> >> They are amazing now, and I don't usually even like strawberries. >> >>> >>>Ditto raspberries. >> >> Wimpy, squishy things. > > If you pick them yourself off the bush, raspberries aren't a soft > mushy mess. I can't stand the texture of storebought blueberries. > Those are just gross. >
Seal container, add yeast, make hooch! Make jelly. Add hooch to jelly. Mix well. Spankin' Good Strawberry Jam.
Reply by Tom Gardner November 24, 20212021-11-24
On 24/11/21 21:33, John Larkin wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 21:26:33 +0000, Tom Gardner > <spamjunk@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > >> On 24/11/21 17:55, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote: >>> Fresh seasonal stuff is great. Mandarins, cranberry beans, bizarre >>> asian melons, artichokes, technicolor cauliflowers. >> >> Strawberry season used to last 2/3 weeks, during which you >> would pig yourself on them. And at the end, you didn't want >> to see another until next year. > > They are amazing now, and I don't usually even like strawberries. > >> >> Ditto raspberries. > > Wimpy, squishy things.
You live in the wrong part of the world! A good raspberry is one of the three wonderful fruits (the others being Alfonso mangoes and Egremont Russets)
>> Now you can get very inferior ones all year round - or at least >> you could until covid and brexit. >> >> Currently it is Egremont Russet season. Yum. Still autumn only; >> excellent. > > Mash some Yukon Golds and never look at another potato again. > > Boil for an hour, lots of butter and cream and salt.
Fine on an Aga or other wood-fired heater, a little expensive otherwise!
Ed Lee <edward.ming.lee@gmail.com> wrote in

> Gasoline price reached new highs of $6/gal.
Maybe where you are.
> Orange price reached new low of $1/gal (in a Krogger's food for > less store).
That shit is NOT "orange juice".
> Is it because too expensive to ship OJ.
What part of "from concentrate" do you not understand?
> I guess CA makes lot of > OJ.
All the shitty oranges. The nice ones end up in grocery stores.
> OJ cheaper than H2O.
The way you act, yours had a touch of yeast in it before you got it.
>Almost free for local pickup.
Can you power a space fight booster with it?
> Anyone from FL can comment on their local prices?
I suppose they can, but you can google gas prices and maybe even grocery prices per locality. Ever use google maps?

Reply by Cydrome Leader November 24, 20212021-11-24
John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 21:26:33 +0000, Tom Gardner > <spamjunk@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > >>On 24/11/21 17:55, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote: >>> Fresh seasonal stuff is great. Mandarins, cranberry beans, bizarre >>> asian melons, artichokes, technicolor cauliflowers. >> >>Strawberry season used to last 2/3 weeks, during which you >>would pig yourself on them. And at the end, you didn't want >>to see another until next year. > > They are amazing now, and I don't usually even like strawberries. > >> >>Ditto raspberries. > > Wimpy, squishy things.
If you pick them yourself off the bush, raspberries aren't a soft mushy mess. I can't stand the texture of storebought blueberries. Those are just gross.
Reply by John Larkin November 24, 20212021-11-24
On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 21:26:33 +0000, Tom Gardner
<spamjunk@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>On 24/11/21 17:55, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote: >> Fresh seasonal stuff is great. Mandarins, cranberry beans, bizarre >> asian melons, artichokes, technicolor cauliflowers. > >Strawberry season used to last 2/3 weeks, during which you >would pig yourself on them. And at the end, you didn't want >to see another until next year.
They are amazing now, and I don't usually even like strawberries.
> >Ditto raspberries.
Wimpy, squishy things.
> >Now you can get very inferior ones all year round - or at least >you could until covid and brexit. > >Currently it is Egremont Russet season. Yum. Still autumn only; >excellent.
Mash some Yukon Golds and never look at another potato again. Boil for an hour, lots of butter and cream and salt. Trust me on this one. -- If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end with doubts, but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties. Francis Bacon
Reply by Tom Gardner November 24, 20212021-11-24
On 24/11/21 17:55, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> Fresh seasonal stuff is great. Mandarins, cranberry beans, bizarre > asian melons, artichokes, technicolor cauliflowers.
Strawberry season used to last 2/3 weeks, during which you would pig yourself on them. And at the end, you didn't want to see another until next year. Ditto raspberries. Now you can get very inferior ones all year round - or at least you could until covid and brexit. Currently it is Egremont Russet season. Yum. Still autumn only; excellent.
On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 9:55:23 AM UTC-8, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 06:33:21 -0800 (PST), Ed Lee > <edward....@gmail.com> wrote: > > >Gasoline price reached new highs of $6/gal. > > > >Orange price reached new low of $1/gal (in a Krogger's food for less store). > > > >Is it because too expensive to ship OJ. I guess CA makes lot of OJ. > > > >OJ cheaper than H2O. Almost free for local pickup. > > > >Anyone from FL can comment on their local prices? > It's about peak orange season here. They are sweet and juicy and cheap > at the Alemany farmer's market. I squeeze Mo an orange every morning. > > Fresh seasonal stuff is great. Mandarins, cranberry beans, bizarre > asian melons, artichokes, technicolor cauliflowers. > > But $1 a gallon is amazing.
Yes, 99 cents per gallon at the 14th and Folsom FoodsCo. Don't know how long it would last. I picked up 2 gallons (last about a week), but running out of room in fridge and freezer. I use repeated freeze and thaw cycles to remove roughly half of the H2O. I wonder how long half concentrated OJ would last in room temperature. Fed says no inflation. If it takes one gallon of gasoline to ship one gallon of OJ on average, price remains the same. But are we better off than 4 years ago?
Reply by November 24, 20212021-11-24
On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 06:33:21 -0800 (PST), Ed Lee
<edward.ming.lee@gmail.com> wrote:

>Gasoline price reached new highs of $6/gal. > >Orange price reached new low of $1/gal (in a Krogger's food for less store). > >Is it because too expensive to ship OJ. I guess CA makes lot of OJ. > >OJ cheaper than H2O. Almost free for local pickup. > >Anyone from FL can comment on their local prices?
It's about peak orange season here. They are sweet and juicy and cheap at the Alemany farmer's market. I squeeze Mo an orange every morning. Fresh seasonal stuff is great. Mandarins, cranberry beans, bizarre asian melons, artichokes, technicolor cauliflowers. But $1 a gallon is amazing. -- Father Brown's figure remained quite dark and still; but in that instant he had lost his head. His head was always most valuable when he had lost it.
Reply by bitrex November 24, 20212021-11-24
This is how we learned oranges would be grown in 1999: <https://youtu.be/Sa3Mkiv--6o?t=687> It was a great exhibit, it had smellovision. As you rode by you could smell the oranges