Reply by Phil Allison October 23, 20092009-10-23
"Uriah" <uriahsky@hotmail.com>

It is a Cirris 1000 a discontinued model.  But it uses the three pin
10VAC adapter.  I emailed them and they explained what unbalanced
meant to them. Just that the voltage could fluctuate a little from the
10VAC?    No schematic available.  So if I wire this with an adapter
that comes from wall is it ground to 10VAC on each side or is it 10VAC
between the two sides?  Center tap to 10VAC on the left and center tap
to 10VAC on the right.... or 10VAC from left to right then it would be
gnd to 5VAC to the left and gnd to 5VAC to the right?  More questions.
I have damaged things by not being sure of stuff like this.

**  For fuck's sake  -   buy one from Cirris !!!!

It's called an " RPWR-10 "  power supply.

Its a SPECIAL design unit and with a special 3 pin plug.

http://www.cirris.com/cable/tester/images/rpwr-10-750.jpg

.....  Phil

Reply by Uriah October 23, 20092009-10-23
On Oct 23, 4:01=A0am, Allen Bong <allenbsf6...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 23, 3:34=A0am, Uriah <uriah...@hotmail.com> wrote: > > > I need to provide a 10VAC power supply to a cirris cable tester and > > they said it wasunbalanced. It is a three pin input with the center > > being neutral and each side is hot 10VAC but it isunbalanced. =A0What > > do they mean byunbalanced? =A0How would I wire that up? =A0And is there=
> > way to tell how to wire it in from looking at the device, I don't have > > the that power supply. > > Thanks > > Russ > > Which model of cable tester are you using? > There are 10 models here: > > http://www.cirris.com/cable/tester/testers.html > > and this model use 110/220Vacor 9V battery: > > http://www.cirris.com/cable/tester/1000lc.pdf > > Allen
It is a Cirris 1000 a discontinued model. But it uses the three pin 10VAC adapter. I emailed them and they explained what unbalanced meant to them. Just that the voltage could fluctuate a little from the 10VAC? No schematic available. So if I wire this with an adapter that comes from wall is it ground to 10VAC on each side or is it 10VAC between the two sides? Center tap to 10VAC on the left and center tap to 10VAC on the right.... or 10VAC from left to right then it would be gnd to 5VAC to the left and gnd to 5VAC to the right? More questions. I have damaged things by not being sure of stuff like this. Thank you.
Reply by Allen Bong October 23, 20092009-10-23
On Oct 23, 3:34=A0am, Uriah <uriah...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I need to provide a 10VAC power supply to a cirris cable tester and > they said it was unbalanced. It is a three pin input with the center > being neutral and each side is hot 10VAC but it is unbalanced. =A0What > do they mean by unbalanced? =A0How would I wire that up? =A0And is there =
> way to tell how to wire it in from looking at the device, I don't have > the that power supply. > Thanks > Russ
Which model of cable tester are you using? There are 10 models here: http://www.cirris.com/cable/tester/testers.html and this model use 110/220V ac or 9V battery: http://www.cirris.com/cable/tester/1000lc.pdf Allen
Reply by Tom Biasi October 23, 20092009-10-23
"Uriah" <uriahsky@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I need to provide a 10VAC power supply to a cirris cable tester and > they said it was unbalanced. It is a three pin input with the center > being neutral and each side is hot 10VAC but it is unbalanced. What > do they mean by unbalanced? How would I wire that up? And is there a > way to tell how to wire it in from looking at the device, I don't have > the that power supply. > Thanks > Russ
Do you have a schematic of the unit?
Reply by Uriah October 22, 20092009-10-22