Reply by Johnny B Good December 10, 20182018-12-10
On Sat, 08 Dec 2018 10:27:21 -0800, 007chavanruturaj wrote:

> I have buy a ultrafire 18650 6800mah battery for making DIY power bank, > so my question is, is this battery really has 6800 mah? If it is real > the I used 4 battery's it means 4X6850=27200mah is that true. Please > tell me someone...
All of these Chinese 18650 Ultrafire cells are fakes. The world record breaking capacity that Panasonic have managed to achieve in this size of Lithium cell, stands at 3600mAH. Genuine 18650s are more typically 1200 to 2200mAH. The very first of these Ultrafire fakes started off several years ago with a capacity claim for 3600mAH, matching the industry leader and subsequent cons have simply kept inflating the capacity claims in the hope of enticing yet more technically clueless consumers into buying such fake goods. There are plenty of youtube videos demonstrating the abysmal capacity, often fake cells with a much lower capacity and cheaper cell mounted inside with perhaps a bit of gravel to make up for the expected weight of a genuine article. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGF9DZcBric> makes a good starting point for your youtube odyssey into the murky world of Chinese 18650 fakes. Enjoy! -- Johnny B Good
Reply by Clifford Heath December 9, 20182018-12-09
On 10/12/18 10:34 am, krw@notreal.com wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 16:53:38 +1100, Clifford Heath <no.spam@please.net> > wrote: > >> On 9/12/18 3:03 pm, krw@notreal.com wrote: >>> On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 10:27:21 -0800 (PST), 007chavanruturaj@gmail.com >>> wrote: >>> >>>> I have buy a ultrafire 18650 6800mah battery for making DIY power bank, so my question is, is this battery really has 6800 mah? If it is real the I used 4 battery's it means 4X6850=27200mah is that true. Please tell me someone... >>> >>> No 18650 LiIon cell is 6800mAh. Half that would be dreaming. >> >> Buy some genuine Panasonic NCR cells. They test at their spec, 3400mAh. >> You'll think you're dreaming, but it's real. :) > > Got a datasheet? 26650s, maybe, but 18650s?
Better still, a good friend who thinks it's fun to build automated testers, and has tested several hundred cells. Given the amount of his life he spends doing epic day-night hikes (60-170km without stopping, and breaking speed records in his 60+yr age group) and his 40-year career designing, building and installing satellite ground station hardware, I tend to trust his measurements more than I'd trust a data sheet. Clifford Heath.
Reply by Jeff Liebermann December 9, 20182018-12-09
On Sun, 09 Dec 2018 18:34:32 -0500, krw@notreal.com wrote:

>On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 16:53:38 +1100, Clifford Heath <no.spam@please.net> >wrote: > >>On 9/12/18 3:03 pm, krw@notreal.com wrote: >>> On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 10:27:21 -0800 (PST), 007chavanruturaj@gmail.com >>> wrote: >>> >>>> I have buy a ultrafire 18650 6800mah battery for making DIY power bank, so my question is, is this battery really has 6800 mah? If it is real the I used 4 battery's it means 4X6850=27200mah is that true. Please tell me someone... >>> >>> No 18650 LiIon cell is 6800mAh. Half that would be dreaming. >> >>Buy some genuine Panasonic NCR cells. They test at their spec, 3400mAh. >>You'll think you're dreaming, but it's real. :)
>Got a datasheet? 26650s, maybe, but 18650s?
<https://www.batteryspace.com/prod-specs/NCR18650B.pdf> Rated Capacity Min 3200 mAh at 20C Capacity Min 3250 mAh at 25C Typ 3350 mAh at 25C <https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650Summary%20UK.html> Scroll down to the various capacity tests. Plenty of cells that test well above 3000 ma-hr. However, none are even close to 6800 ma-hr. Also note that the Ultrafire BCR18650 "4000 ma-hr rated" cell is included in the testing showing the highest internal resistance of all the cells tested. Yech. -- Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Reply by December 9, 20182018-12-09

On Sunday, December 9, 2018 at 12:14:24 AM UTC-5, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> > I can't do ESWL (extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy). The left > rock decided it was time to leave the kidney and ended up stuck in the > ureter. The CT scan also showed that it's much too dense at 1500 HU > (Hounsfield Units) to fracture with ultrasound. Methinks the limit is > 900 HU. I'm scheduled for another CT scan on Monday, and if the stone > cooperates, the doctors will be playing laser tag with it on Tuesday. > There's a fair chance that I may have already passed the left stone > but have no way to tell because I have a stent installed to relieve > the back pressure and therefore no pain.
The back pressure is from urine backed up behind the stone. The stent is a device to widen the ureter. If the stone is still blocking the ureter the stent can't pass the urine around it... can it?
> Stone Size, Density Matter > <https://www.renalandurologynews.com/news/stone-size-density-matter/article/30140/> > > >It did leave me feeling that I'd been punched in the back by something > >substantial, but that was strictly soft-tissue damage and stopped > >worrying me after a day lying down and taking as much iboprufen as > >the label suggests is prudent. > > I was taking vicodin for the pain. It still hurts, but I didn't care. > Imagine a constipated zombie at the keyboard.
Yeah, I remember that feeling in the ER a couple of times. When they sent me into the x-ray lab for an IVP the dye backing up behind the stone would both make it start hurting all over again and push the stone out of the kidney. They've never actually x-rayed one in the kidney until the one I had to have lipsotrypsied. I think it's been nine in total.
> >The ultra sound system does seem to break up kidney stones pretty thoroughly. > > Only if the stones are not very dense. My stones don't qualify.
Mine didn't get broken up so thoroughly, but enough that the pieces eventually passed. The doctor was an older guy who didn't give a shit anymore and worked the system to his own advantage. He first tried going in after the stone through the ureter but the stone was too large to take out that way. He claimed he couldn't see that on the x-ray. I'm calling BS on that. He just wanted to bill for the procedure. Later he was treating my cousin and I heard the phone call where my cousin needed his weekly prescription of pain killer to be renewed and the doc told him he saw where my cousin has scheduled the procedure with someone else who would schedule it sooner. My cousin wasn't going to get his pain meds unless he rescheduled with this doctor! This was on a Saturday when there was zero chance of getting a prescription from any other doctor. What a shit! The hospital has a new wing named after that doc now. Rick C. Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply by Clifford Heath December 9, 20182018-12-09
On 9/12/18 3:03 pm, krw@notreal.com wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 10:27:21 -0800 (PST), 007chavanruturaj@gmail.com > wrote: > >> I have buy a ultrafire 18650 6800mah battery for making DIY power bank, so my question is, is this battery really has 6800 mah? If it is real the I used 4 battery's it means 4X6850=27200mah is that true. Please tell me someone... > > No 18650 LiIon cell is 6800mAh. Half that would be dreaming.
Buy some genuine Panasonic NCR cells. They test at their spec, 3400mAh. You'll think you're dreaming, but it's real. :)
Reply by bilou December 9, 20182018-12-09
gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com a exprim&#4294967295; avec pr&#4294967295;cision :
> On Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 1:27:26 PM UTC-5, 007chava...@gmail.com > wrote: >> I have buy a ultrafire 18650 6800mah battery for making DIY power bank, so >> my question is, is this battery really has 6800 mah? If it is real the I >> used 4 battery's it means 4X6850=27200mah is that true. Please tell me >> someone... > > Are you connecting the batteries in parallel or in series? If you connect > batteries in series the voltages add, but the current rating (mAHr) remains > the same. If you connect the batteries in parallel the voltage is the same, > but the currents are added.
+1 It is strange that someone without such basic knowledge atempt DIY with Li/ion batteries. I hope you have a good insurance.
On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 19:31:04 -0800 (PST), bill.sloman@ieee.org wrote:

>On Monday, November 26, 2018 at 3:18:58 PM UTC+11, Jeff Liebermann wrote: >> On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 03:33:59 +0000, Mike Perkins <spam@spam.com> >> wrote: >> >> >On 24/11/2018 19:33, Jeff Liebermann wrote: >> ><snip> >> >> Drivel and status report: Just escaped from the hospital. Laser >> >> lithotripsy to remove one kidney stone failed. I go back in a week or >> >> so to try again. A month later, I repeat the ceremony to remove the >> >> other boulder. I'll be rather scarce in the forums and mailing lists >> >> until I'm recovered. >> >> >First of all my sympathies. >> >> Thanks, and also my thanks to others who also offered their >> sympathies. However, none is required. I plan to get through this >> mess and return to normal eventually. The trick is not about modern >> medicine or money. It's about surviving bad scheduling, hospital >> super-bugs, medical mistakes, and oddly about practicing medicine from >> a lawsuit inspired medical cookbook. So far they've only tried to >> kill me once (by accident), but most everything else is going fairly >> smoothly. >> >> >Can I ask why the procedure failed first time? >> >> Laser lithotripsy.
>My sympathy too. Laser lithotripsy didn't work for me either (as you >may recall) but the ultra-sound lithotriptor did.
I can't do ESWL (extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy). The left rock decided it was time to leave the kidney and ended up stuck in the ureter. The CT scan also showed that it's much too dense at 1500 HU (Hounsfield Units) to fracture with ultrasound. Methinks the limit is 900 HU. I'm scheduled for another CT scan on Monday, and if the stone cooperates, the doctors will be playing laser tag with it on Tuesday. There's a fair chance that I may have already passed the left stone but have no way to tell because I have a stent installed to relieve the back pressure and therefore no pain. Stone Size, Density Matter <https://www.renalandurologynews.com/news/stone-size-density-matter/article/30140/>
Only if the stones are not very dense. My stones don't qualify. -- Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
wrote:

>I have buy a ultrafire 18650 6800mah battery for making DIY power bank, so my question is, is this battery really has 6800 mah? If it is real the I used 4 battery's it means 4X6850=27200mah is that true. Please tell me someone...
No 18650 LiIon cell is 6800mAh. Half that would be dreaming.
Reply by Jasen Betts December 9, 20182018-12-09
On 2018-12-08, 007chavanruturaj@gmail.com <007chavanruturaj@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have buy a ultrafire 18650 6800mah battery for making DIY power > bank, so my question is, is this battery really has 6800 mah?
no it's a fake. -- When I tried casting out nines I made a hash of it.