Reply by August 1, 20202020-08-01
If you=E2=80=99re just going to do it for digital writing and drawing on wh=
iteboard app , look into cheaper Wacom alternatives made by XP-PEN https://=
www.xp-pen.com .=20
I'm an artist that uses a XP-Pen Deco 01 graphics tablet . Your hand eye co=
ordination most definitely sucks, I would recommend something more like a X=
P-PEN Artist 12 Pro come with a stylus to use on it so you can see the scre=
en.
Reply by March 6, 20162016-03-06
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 9:00:09 PM UTC-5, ri...@engineer.com wrote:
> On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 1:28:04 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote: > > A client wants to use Skype Whiteboard / IDroo. > > > > Looks gruesome to do sketches with a mouse :-( > > > > Years ago I remember a tablet by Kurta (I actually designed a chipset > > for it :-) > > > > Does any such device exist today where you could use a stylus? > > > > ...Jim Thompson > > -- > > | James E.Thompson | mens | > > | Analog Innovations | et | > > | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | > > | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | > > | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | > > | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | > > > > I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food. > > Hello Jim, There are 100+ tablet PCs on the market. > Many have a built-in 'webcam' for videoconferencing. > I think all can be used with a stylus, if included > or not. E.g. Samsung Galaxy S, Apple iPad, Google > Nexus 9, LG G pad X, etc. Take a walk thru a Best > Buy. If you'd like real test results, I can send > you some specific recommendations. > - Rich S.
There are also many laptops and desktop monitors with touchscreen functionality, of course. -Rich S.
Reply by March 6, 20162016-03-06
On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 1:28:04 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
> A client wants to use Skype Whiteboard / IDroo. > > Looks gruesome to do sketches with a mouse :-( > > Years ago I remember a tablet by Kurta (I actually designed a chipset > for it :-) > > Does any such device exist today where you could use a stylus? > > ...Jim Thompson > -- > | James E.Thompson | mens | > | Analog Innovations | et | > | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | > | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | > | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | > | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | > > I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Hello Jim, There are 100+ tablet PCs on the market. Many have a built-in 'webcam' for videoconferencing. I think all can be used with a stylus, if included or not. E.g. Samsung Galaxy S, Apple iPad, Google Nexus 9, LG G pad X, etc. Take a walk thru a Best Buy. If you'd like real test results, I can send you some specific recommendations. - Rich S.
Reply by March 6, 20162016-03-06
On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 1:28:04 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
> A client wants to use Skype Whiteboard / IDroo. > > Looks gruesome to do sketches with a mouse :-( > > Years ago I remember a tablet by Kurta (I actually designed a chipset > for it :-) > > Does any such device exist today where you could use a stylus? > > ...Jim Thompson > -- > | James E.Thompson | mens | > | Analog Innovations | et | > | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | > | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | > | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | > | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | > > I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Hello Jim, There are 100+ tablet PCs on the market. I think all can be used with a stylus, if included or not. E.g. Samsung Galaxy S, Apple iPad, Google Nexus 9, LG G pad X, etc. Take a walk thru a Best Buy. If you'd like real test results, I can send you some specific recommendations. - Rich S. -- *** This e-mail message is intended only for the designated recipient(s) named above. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, retain, copy, redistribute or use this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, or disclose all or any part of its contents. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments from your computer system. ***
Reply by Dave Platt March 4, 20162016-03-04
In article <3dakdb1mre844pr5lutgj5ecsqvvekq6tr@4ax.com>,
Jim Thompson  <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

>Thanks, Dave! > >I don't need any high artistic capabilities... essentially just line >drawings of schematics and schematic blocks. > >So I can do without any fancy-dancy pressure/angle-of-the-dangle >capability. > >Is there a model for doodlers ?:-)
Quite a few. Before buying a (used) Wacom Intuos, I had used an Apitek USB tablet that I acquired at a local hamfest. It worked tolerably well... as I recall it didn't have pen-position support, but did have pressure sensing. Its pen requires a battery (one AAA) rather than being powered by induction (or whatever trick Wacom does with theirs) but this wasn't really a problem. Apitek seems to have their tablets OEMed by a number of companies at the lower end of the market. There are a bunch of their older models on eBay that you might want to look at (but do NOT buy a used tablet unless it comes with a working stylus/pen!!) You might want to check out the ones that Monoprice sells. I think some of theirs were Apitek, and I've seen mention that they're carrying some rebadged Huion tablets (which isn't a brand I know anything about). Some of the simpler ones start at around $50. But, check software compatibility carefully... some of the Monoprice models don't seem to have support for more recent Microsoft operating systems.
Reply by Jim Thompson March 4, 20162016-03-04
On Fri, 4 Mar 2016 16:34:47 -0800, dplatt@coop.radagast.org (Dave
Platt) wrote:

>>"Real" PC, 24" monitor, I'm looking for tablet-stylus-input device. > >Wacom makes a whole series of drawing tablets which use styli. The >Intuos line comes in three sizes. They support a whole bunch of input >sensing... pressure and stylus angle, for instance... which drawing >programs can translate into drawing modifiers (press harder to draw a >thicker line or lay down heavier "ink", twist the pen to "airbrush" >ink at a different angle, etc.). > >The Wacom Cintiq line are basically Intuos-like tablets fused to LCD >monitors, so you can draw right on the image you're seeing.
Thanks, Dave! I don't need any high artistic capabilities... essentially just line drawings of schematics and schematic blocks. So I can do without any fancy-dancy pressure/angle-of-the-dangle capability. Is there a model for doodlers ?:-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Reply by Dave Platt March 4, 20162016-03-04
>"Real" PC, 24" monitor, I'm looking for tablet-stylus-input device.
Wacom makes a whole series of drawing tablets which use styli. The Intuos line comes in three sizes. They support a whole bunch of input sensing... pressure and stylus angle, for instance... which drawing programs can translate into drawing modifiers (press harder to draw a thicker line or lay down heavier "ink", twist the pen to "airbrush" ink at a different angle, etc.). The Wacom Cintiq line are basically Intuos-like tablets fused to LCD monitors, so you can draw right on the image you're seeing.
Reply by Jasen Betts March 4, 20162016-03-04
On 2016-03-04, Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
> A client wants to use Skype Whiteboard / IDroo. > > Looks gruesome to do sketches with a mouse :-( > > Years ago I remember a tablet by Kurta (I actually designed a chipset > for it :-) > > Does any such device exist today where you could use a stylus?
yeah, a touch screen or digitiser tablet should just work once you connect the USB cable. -- \_(&#12484;)_
Reply by Jim Thompson March 4, 20162016-03-04
On Fri, 4 Mar 2016 13:53:23 -0500, "Carl Ijames"
<carl.ijamesXyZZy@ZZxyz.verizon.net> wrote:

>"Jim Thompson" wrote in message >news:snkjdb1kpo4vlrcbqq2t9vqota7duvaut5@4ax.com... > >A client wants to use Skype Whiteboard / IDroo. > >Looks gruesome to do sketches with a mouse :-( > >Years ago I remember a tablet by Kurta (I actually designed a chipset >for it :-) > >Does any such device exist today where you could use a stylus? > > ...Jim Thompson >=========================================================================== > >Pretty much any tablet PC uses a touchscreen and stylus instead of mouse. >Usually usb ports and wifi, but no cd/dvd drive so you use an external drive >if you need one, and you can plug in a usb mouse and keyboard, too, if you >get tired of the stylus. Pick one with a built in camera and you are ready >to skype. > >----- >Regards, >Carl Ijames >
"Real" PC, 24" monitor, I'm looking for tablet-stylus-input device. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 | I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Reply by Carl Ijames March 4, 20162016-03-04
"Jim Thompson"  wrote in message

A client wants to use Skype Whiteboard / IDroo.

Looks gruesome to do sketches with a mouse :-(

Years ago I remember a tablet by Kurta (I actually designed a chipset
for it :-)

Does any such device exist today where you could use a stylus?

                                        ...Jim Thompson

Pretty much any tablet PC uses a touchscreen and stylus instead of mouse.
Usually usb ports and wifi, but no cd/dvd drive so you use an external drive
if you need one, and you can plug in a usb mouse and keyboard, too, if you
get tired of the stylus.  Pick one with a built in camera and you are ready
to skype.

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames