Reply by ik September 4, 20092009-09-04
er kunnen veel strondvliegen op een hoop strond.

"Nick Cramer" <n_cramerSPAM@pacbell.net> schreef in bericht
> "Skybuck Flying" <BloodyShame@hotmail.com> wrote: >> Hello, >> >> I have two microphones: >> >> 1. A Fica CMP-202 computer microphone. >> >> (I got it for free a long time ago from somebody.) >> >> 2. A Pyramid/Pole like microphone DM-A409 that came with my 7.1 Receiver >> (Denon AVR 1909). >> >> (Bought this recently... seems quite an impressive microphone according >> to some charts it was able to capture ?) >> >> Anyway I was wondering if these microphones are suited to do certain >> sound measurements in either Db(A) or Db(C). (Maybe use GoldWave for >> analyses ?) >> >> I want to measure the sound level that is coming from the >> cars/trucks/busses outside. >> (I want to measure the sound level outside and inside my living room). >> >> Would these microphones be suited for the task do you think ? >> >> I was also considering buying a special microphone like this one: >> >> http://www1.conrad.nl/scripts/wgate/zcop_nl3/~flN0YXRlPTE5MDM3OTk1OTk=?di >> rekt_aufriss_area=SHOP_B2C_Metering&~template=PCAT_AREA_S_browse&p_page_t >> o_display=&catalogs_sub_id=sub12&aktiv=12&navi=oben_1 >> >> Product is called: "SL-400 decibelmeter " (in dutch) >> >> Suppose the answer would be: "No your current microphones are not suited >> for the task..." >> >> then I wonder what would be the difference between these microphones and >> a specialized microphone ? >> >> Can anybody explain ? > > http://www.digital-recordings.com/audiocd/radio.html > > Radio Shack meter is $50. > > -- > Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their > families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran! > Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. > Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Reply by V__i___n_ce__19_7_1_ September 2, 20092009-09-02
Arny Krueger wrote:
> "Skybuck Flying" <BloodyShame@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:cd981$4a9c508d$d53372a9$25707@cache3.tilbu1.nb.home.nl >> The e-mail replay from a Denon employee is funny: >> >> " >> The microphone is specifically calibrated to read the >> Audyssey tone from the particular receiver it is supplied >> with. It is not designed to record sound or to be used for any other >> purpose. >> " >> >> ^^^ Wacky ^^^ :) >> >> I could record the "Audyssey tone" would that do any good >> ? >> Should I record it with the mic itself or another mic... >> would that make any difference ? >> >> Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... >> >> (The mic is clearly able to record any form of sound so >> what Denon wrote is a bit whack ! :)) > > I suspect that more likely, the Denon reciever is calibrated for the mic > that ships with it. > >
Pls stop spamming the dutch ng with your idiot talk
Reply by Arny Krueger September 1, 20092009-09-01
"Skybuck Flying" <BloodyShame@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The e-mail replay from a Denon employee is funny: > > " > The microphone is specifically calibrated to read the > Audyssey tone from the particular receiver it is supplied > with. It is not designed to record sound or to be used for any other > purpose. > " > > ^^^ Wacky ^^^ :) > > I could record the "Audyssey tone" would that do any good > ? > Should I record it with the mic itself or another mic... > would that make any difference ? > > Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... > > (The mic is clearly able to record any form of sound so > what Denon wrote is a bit whack ! :))
I suspect that more likely, the Denon reciever is calibrated for the mic that ships with it.
Reply by Skybuck Flying August 31, 20092009-08-31
This is what I wrote back:

"
Hello,

It may not have been designed for any other purpose... but that doesn't mean
that it couldn't be used for it.

I would be interested in receiving a wave file for the Audyssey tone... it
might be of some use... For example comparing the original audyssey
tone/wave file with the one recorded by the mic.

The mic can be attached to my pc/soundblaster so then I can analyze waves
with goldwave editor (software).

Bye,
  Skybuck.
"

Nice isn't it ? ;) :)

(Psychological spin BABY ! =D LOL)

Bye,
  Skybuck =D

Reply by Skybuck Flying August 31, 20092009-08-31
Well I am not letting them off the hook so easily ?! ;) :)

I am going to ask them if they can sent me the "wave" file for the tone...

Maybe it would be of sum use ! ;)

Bye,
  Skybuck.

Reply by Skybuck Flying August 31, 20092009-08-31
The e-mail replay from a Denon employee is funny:

"
The microphone is specifically calibrated to read the Audyssey tone from
the particular receiver it is supplied with. It is not designed to
record sound or to be used for any other purpose.
"

^^^ Wacky ^^^ :)

I could record the "Audyssey tone" would that do any good ?

Should I record it with the mic itself or another mic... would that make any
difference ?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

(The mic is clearly able to record any form of sound so what Denon wrote is
a bit whack ! :))

Bye,
  Skybuck.

Reply by Nick Cramer August 31, 20092009-08-31
"Skybuck Flying" <BloodyShame@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, > > I have two microphones: > > 1. A Fica CMP-202 computer microphone. > > (I got it for free a long time ago from somebody.) > > 2. A Pyramid/Pole like microphone DM-A409 that came with my 7.1 Receiver > (Denon AVR 1909). > > (Bought this recently... seems quite an impressive microphone according > to some charts it was able to capture ?) > > Anyway I was wondering if these microphones are suited to do certain > sound measurements in either Db(A) or Db(C). (Maybe use GoldWave for > analyses ?) > > I want to measure the sound level that is coming from the > cars/trucks/busses outside. > (I want to measure the sound level outside and inside my living room). > > Would these microphones be suited for the task do you think ? > > I was also considering buying a special microphone like this one: > > http://www1.conrad.nl/scripts/wgate/zcop_nl3/~flN0YXRlPTE5MDM3OTk1OTk=?di > rekt_aufriss_area=SHOP_B2C_Metering&~template=PCAT_AREA_S_browse&p_page_t > o_display=&catalogs_sub_id=sub12&aktiv=12&navi=oben_1 > > Product is called: "SL-400 decibelmeter " (in dutch) > > Suppose the answer would be: "No your current microphones are not suited > for the task..." > > then I wonder what would be the difference between these microphones and > a specialized microphone ? > > Can anybody explain ?
http://www.digital-recordings.com/audiocd/radio.html Radio Shack meter is $50. -- Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Reply by Skybuck Flying August 30, 20092009-08-30
Now the problem probably is that the scale in GoldWave doesn't mean much.

The problem also seems to be too many volume controls...

These could be seperated into:

1. Input volume controls.
2. Output volume controls.

The soundblaster/and/or windows has an input volume control for the mic...
during the recording it was a bit on low... about 25% or so I think... I am
not sure if this influences the recording but I would think so... so I would
have to re-test this again... but not gonna go through all the trouble of
going outside...

I am just gonna do some inside tests to see how much that makes an
influences on the recording... but I did do some recordings in the past with
the other fico mic... and I know it matters at least for realtime... so
probably also for recordings... there is also a mic boost which would again
change the scale/volume.

Then for playback there is also the volume issue... multiple volume
controls...

1. Receiver volume control
2. Soundblaster/and/or/windows volume control.
3. Player volume control like youtube or winamp.

For analyses purposes getting a grip on the input volume control would be a
good step in the correct direction.

What I probably need now is:

1. Information about the mic... what kind of recordings does it make ?

2. Maybe also some information about the soundblaster as the other guy
said... does the soundblaster do any amplification... how about windows ?
What to set the mic too...
Could get kinda complex.

See here I see how buying a seperate device might take care of all of
that... but then I would be mostly paying for a configuration issue... and
how do I know for sure if it was properly configured/calibrated ?!? Trust is
in the toilet these days so I can't trust anybody selling anything.

Bye,
  Skybuck.

> Now the problem probably is that the scale in GoldWave doesn't mean much. > > The problem also seems to be too many volume controls... > > These could be seperated into: > > 1. Input volume controls. > 2. Output volume controls. > > The soundblaster/and/or windows has an input volume control for the mic... > during the recording it was a bit on low... about 25% or so I think... I > am not sure if this influences the recording but I would think so... so I > would have to re-test this again... but not gonna go through all the > trouble of going outside... > > I am just gonna do some inside tests to see how much that makes an > influences on the recording... but I did do some recordings in the past > with the other fico mic... and I know it matters at least for realtime... > so probably also for recordings... there is also a mic boost which would > again change the scale/volume. > > Then for playback there is also the volume issue... multiple volume > controls... > > 1. Receiver volume control > 2. Soundblaster/and/or/windows volume control. > 3. Player volume control like youtube or winamp. > > For analyses purposes getting a grip on the input volume control would be > a good step in the correct direction. > > What I probably need now is: > > 1. Information about the mic... what kind of recordings does it make ? > > 2. Maybe also some information about the soundblaster as the other guy > said... does the soundblaster do any amplification... how about windows ? > What to set the mic too... > Could get kinda complex. > > See here I see how buying a seperate device might take care of all of > that... but then I would be mostly paying for a configuration issue... and > how do I know for sure if it was properly configured/calibrated ?!? Trust > is in the toilet these days so I can't trust anybody selling anything.
I guess I am saying... I need certain garantuees ! Yeah baby ! ;) Bye, Skybuck =D
Reply by Skybuck Flying August 30, 20092009-08-30
Hmm...

I might have to stop drinking hot thea altogether if I don't want to die
from "swallow" cancer...

Normally I eat bread with thea... but not this time...

For the first time I could actually feel my throat hurting a bit after the
first two nips...

I put a finger in the thea and it was fricking hot... and then I drink it
and it feels normal in my mouth/tong... that means my mouth and tong have
been burned too many times I think...

Even after pooring louds of cold water in it it was still way too hot
according to my fingers... and my mouth thought it was kinda luke-warm...

This is not a good sign... sigh... but what else can I drink ? Not much...

1. Water contaminated with medicines and other chemicals.

2. Drinks bad for health because of synthetic sugars and conservitives.

3. Milk is jacky and also contains way to many cancerous steriouds and what
not ;)
Dirty farmers ! HAHA SUCK IT AND DIE FOR IT. And that doesn't even include
the chinese scandal ! ;) :) LOL.

4. I could try drinking blood and become a vampire... but even human beings
seem to be contaminated ! BLEH :P.

5. I don't trust spring-water from the supermarket it's probably just water
from the tap :).

6. Boiling water probably don't help much and then there's the heath
problem... and just plain water a bit tasteless... can't add flavors from
supermarket since those contaminated as well/bad chemicals.

7. Hmm I just had an idea... maybe I can create my own flavors... but I just
remembed what I could drink: apple juice ! But carefull... they might lie
about what's in it...

8. So the idea I had was: Buy Banana's, Buy Apples, Buy Lemons... Buy all
kinds of fruit and make your/my own juicy. But I did hear banana's where
also being fed hermons/sort of steroids to get them from green to yellow.
Apples could have pesticides... but maybe only the shell ?... Don't know
about lemons ;) Strawberries ? Drapes... those could be mutated to make them
pitless ;)

Yup poor state we are in me thinks ;)

Bye,
  Skybuck.