Electrical Engineer - Signal Integrity
US CITIZENSHIP OR GREEN CARD REQUIRED
(Note: this is due to US export regulations. Sorry, we are unable to make exceptions.)
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online. And to pull it off we have to reinvent microwave radio systems in space using SDRs.
Work with incredibly smart people who have flown things in space before. We are a well-funded team that moves fast. No prior space experience needed, you just need to enjoy getting your hands dirty with real hardware and be ok with struggling to do things that seem impossibly hard.
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the whole world and everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to come join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
- Design and validate ultra high speed digital data systems
- Select PCB stackups and help with PDN designs for other systems
- Choose electrical harnesses for use in harsh environments
- Integrate these systems into the spacecraft by working closely with the rest of the team
- B.S. or M.S. in electrical or computer engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Experience modeling trace/interconnect loss and compensation
- Experience designing for EMI/EMC
- Experience with MentorGraphics HyperLynx, Cadence Sigrity, Ansys HFSS or other signal integrity tools
- Experience with Altium or similar EDA tools
- Experience with high speed bench equipment [VNA, TDR, BERT, etc]
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- Experience with high-density PCB layout
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs
- Experience with serial [SerDes] protocols
- Experience with Python
To apply, please visit https://jobs.lever.co/astranis/4d0ea404-47ed-416a-b3f1-5e7b22456d51/apply