DSP Engineer will have an intimate understanding of wireless communications, signal processing and the implementation of algorithms efficiently in digital hardware, primarily DSP, CISC, and RISC processors. The engineer will design, debug, and test signal processing algorithms running on a variety of platforms and work with a product development team to help meet customer requirements. An active security clearance is desirable but not required.
- Design, debug, and test signal processing algorithms running on a variety of platforms supporting intelligence, defense, and other government missions
- Work with a product development team to develop concepts, identify creative solutions to customer requirements and assess feasibility of these solutions.
- Conceive, analyze, design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain software-based solutions for modern communications systems. Implementation includes algorithm development, hardware control, system optimization and deployment strategies.
- A bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required; candidate should have at least 5-7 years of experience.
- Must have an intimate understanding of the digital signal processing architectures and can provide insight and assistance to other design engineers
- Must have experience with signal processing, DSP design, and algorithmic code development
- Must be able to design, simulate, develop and test DSP algorithms for software-defined radios, modulators, demodulators, signal identification, cognitive radio, and various wireless communications
- Working knowledge of MIMO and wireless communications standards
- Experience with code development and optimization targeting DSP, CISC, and RISC processors
- Must be able to develop and document designs, simulations, analyses and test results.
- Must be able to work independently in the lab and as part of a team to perform hardware check-out and debug.
- Experience with receiving and conducting design reviews
- Should be familiar with system impacts of device architectures on performance, SWaP, and cost
- Should be familiar with both fixed-point and floating-point designs
- Experience with MATLAB, GNURadio, and USRPs
- Experience with C/C++ development for classes of processors, such as TI DSPs, and vector processors desired
- Experience with RTL code development using Verilog or VHDL in FPGAs beneficial
About Transformational Security
Transformational Security, LLC, was formed in 2004 and is located in Columbia, Md. TS develops and procures innovative RF security and RF intelligence technologies and concepts for industry and defense sector personnel. TS focuses on providing state-of-the-art products and services to commercial, corporate, military, law enforcement, and government customers. By developing value-added antennas and sensor products, TS enables the intelligence community, the defense industry, and commercial companies to meet their RF security and situational awareness mission needs.
TS specializes in advanced technology supporting In-Place Monitoring Systems (IPMS), as well as travel solutions, LPI/LPD detection challenges, frequency management, multi-mission collection operations, security modeling, security consulting, access control system, safe rooms, and technical security hardware and software.
TS is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSBC).