strange DAC

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design11 months ago 17 replies

I need an isolated DAC. I could just generate a PWM thing, isolate it, and lowpass filter on the high side. But we could also generate...

I need an isolated DAC. I could just generate a PWM thing, isolate it, and lowpass filter on the high side. But we could also generate a delta-sigma bit stream, which has advantages. If d-s, I might want to reclock it before lowpass filtering to get clean, fast edges. But then I could drive several d-flops. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0d7x6l6isyoldva/ML_DS_Dac.jpg?raw=1 The analog signal...

TPS54302 again

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design11 months ago 3 replies

TPS54302 is a wonderful little synchronous switcher chip. 3 amp switcher in SOT-23, under a dollar. It does radical spread-spectrum pwm but...

TPS54302 is a wonderful little synchronous switcher chip. 3 amp switcher in SOT-23, under a dollar. It does radical spread-spectrum pwm but the dc output is quiet. We're designing a small box that contains about 400 power relays. To reduce coil power, we'll run the relay coils at 12 volts and bump them up to 24 briefly when we change setups. One issue is whether the switcher can switch 2...

TL494

Started by Pimpom in sci.electronics.design5 years ago 18 replies

OK, we've all been bitching - silently or vocally - about the low SNR at SED. Here's a real, albeit small, design question. The venerable PWM...

OK, we've all been bitching - silently or vocally - about the low SNR at SED. Here's a real, albeit small, design question. The venerable PWM controller TL494 was widely used in older computer power supplies. It differs from the similar SG3524 in that, in addition to two error amplifiers, it has a dedicated dead time control (DTC) pin. It allows minimum dead time at 0V and zero duty c...

Peculiar oscillation in LMR23630 buck when it drops out of regulation

Started by Phil Hobbs in sci.electronics.design3 years ago 13 replies

Hi, all, Sort of a strange one. Our class-H thermoelectric cooler driver uses an LMR23630 sync buck regulator running off +5V and ground,...

Hi, all, Sort of a strange one. Our class-H thermoelectric cooler driver uses an LMR23630 sync buck regulator running off +5V and ground, synched to a 2.156 MHz clock, and with a buffered PWM controlling the set point. The feedback divider has three resistors: the usual two, which connect to the output and ground, and a third one from the buffer output. That lets the MCU vary the ...

Will my speed controller work on my drill press?

Started by John Doe in sci.electronics.design3 years ago 10 replies

I'm not asking for insurance. I have better than usual free veterans' healthcare. And I take responsibility for my actions. AC 10-220V 4000W...

I'm not asking for insurance. I have better than usual free veterans' healthcare. And I take responsibility for my actions. AC 10-220V 4000W PWM AC Motor Speed Controller I have a motor speed controller that works for controlling some of my saws. I'm wondering if there are any major obvious problem with trying it on my drill press. Will it burn up my controller? I like that controlle...

Time track with Rigol DSO

Started by bitrex in sci.electronics.design3 years ago 28 replies

I have a Rigol DS1102E. I know that some DSO have a "time track" feature that allow you to demodulate and plot the RMS value of a PWM signal...

I have a Rigol DS1102E. I know that some DSO have a "time track" feature that allow you to demodulate and plot the RMS value of a PWM signal with respect to time on a cycle-by-cycle basis for e.g. tuning control loops. I don't immediately see a feature like that available on this scope, is there a way to coax it into providing similar info that would be valuable for that task using any ...

Super cryo cooler arrived today

Started by Jan Panteltje in sci.electronics.design5 years ago 31 replies

The superconductortechnologies super filter with a super conducting RF filter and

The superconductortechnologies super filter with a super conducting RF filter and

Error Amplifier Design for SG3524

Started by Myauk in sci.electronics.design11 years ago 4 replies

Dear All, I am now making a 48 V to 120V Boost Converter (with a single series 560uH 10A inductor) using PWM IC SG3524, and I am a little...

Dear All, I am now making a 48 V to 120V Boost Converter (with a single series 560uH 10A inductor) using PWM IC SG3524, and I am a little bit confused with the use of error amplifier input pins (pin 1 and pin 2) and the compensation pin (pin 9). A typical example application circuit (see figure 13) divides the reference voltage 5V to 2.5V, and feeds it to pin 2 as reference. The output is ...

Power NPN transistor N344AB

Started by slampen in sci.electronics.design12 years ago 29 replies

Hi, My Peugeot 406 heater blower control module ceased to work the other day, and its power transistor is open. Must be an NPN since it is...

Hi, My Peugeot 406 heater blower control module ceased to work the other day, and its power transistor is open. Must be an NPN since it is supposed to PWM the blower motor to earth (-12V). When searching N344* I find a lot of references to 2N344n.. (2N3440, 2N3442... etc) but not this the exact version. I've uploaded an image of the 'fat' case here: http://kuntigi.net/download/N34...

MOSFETS and H bridge

Started by Jessica Shaw in sci.electronics.design11 years ago 13 replies
PWM

Hi, I am using HIP4081A to drive an inductive load. I am controlling the HIP chip with a microprocessor using PWM. The power supply of the...

Hi, I am using HIP4081A to drive an inductive load. I am controlling the HIP chip with a microprocessor using PWM. The power supply of the chip is +12 Volts. The HIP Chip is driving the H bridge made with four NMOSFETS (IRF540N) HIP chip is driving the NMOSFETS which in turn injecting the current into the load and the voltage is appearing across the load as a sinusodial waveform of fre...

Trying to identify SMD with label scrubbed off - PWM, inverter, 100W 12VDC to 120VAC modified sine wave

Started by John Robertson in sci.electronics.design1 year ago 35 replies

I have a trick on-topic question, looking for possibilities for candidates for a 16-pin SMD device that has these pin outs identified so...

I have a trick on-topic question, looking for possibilities for candidates for a 16-pin SMD device that has these pin outs identified so far: 1 & 16 - RC oscillator 4 - ground 7 & 8 - drivers for a "H" style MOSFet set of four transistors that between them generate a modified sine wave running at 60Hz and 120V. So it is NOT a TI SG3524/3525 chip. The MOSFets generate the pow...

Re: Need PWM controller for current source to charge 48v lead acid.

Started by Sjouke Burry in sci.electronics.design10 years ago 24 replies

Yzordderrex wrote in news:1b7567ab-9638-45dd-8366-872c961e58e6@googlegroups.com: > Greetings, > > I have a small diesel engine...

Yzordderrex wrote in news:1b7567ab-9638-45dd-8366-872c961e58e6@googlegroups.com: > Greetings, > > I have a small diesel engine spinning a DC generator. I need a > control chip that will take approximately 60v that generator puts out > and charge the lead acid bank. Bank is 16 27M Die Hard deep cycle > wired in 4x4 configuration. It is my intention to cont