In Doubt - Circuit Values

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design4 years ago 20 replies

This is part of a piece of equipment that is to detect a short. The FUT will be a capacitor. It is not the only function of the unit, I am working...

This is part of a piece of equipment that is to detect a short. The FUT will be a capacitor. It is not the only function of the unit, I am working on the rest. This seems so simple but I have doubts for some reason. Since I am learning LTSpice finally. R 5 & 6 set the input at ½ Vcc. R 3 & 4 set the emitter of Q 1 low enough to assure saturation - I think. Seems like it anyway.

LTSpice Sim of Strange Old Transistor Circuit

Started by Robert Miller in sci.electronics.design4 years ago 6 replies

I decided to delve deeper into the mystery. Here is an .asc file of the strange circuit previously under...

I decided to delve deeper into the mystery. Here is an .asc file of the strange circuit previously under discussion. https://app.box.com/s/cwlnjt5zh14ubdaul4odvhcehw2tnapa Unless I have made an error, it appears to be non-functional. I am now preparing a bonfire for my collection of such old documents. Robert Miller

Request For Model, howto?

Started by Piotr Wyderski in sci.electronics.design3 years ago 2 replies

Now that ADI acquired LTC and continues to support LTSpice, whom should I ask to create a detailed model of the ADI's ADP1074? Do you have any...

Now that ADI acquired LTC and continues to support LTSpice, whom should I ask to create a detailed model of the ADI's ADP1074? Do you have any practical experience with the relevant procedures? I have no doubt that they have a lot of parts waiting to be borged into the model library, just want to make sure they have this one on their list, too. Best regards, Piotr

So, where's the catch?

Started by Tim Wescott in sci.electronics.design10 years ago 32 replies

See the LTSpice circuit. It started out with me asking myself "how can I make an integrator that works fairly well, and uses a honkin' big...

See the LTSpice circuit. It started out with me asking myself "how can I make an integrator that works fairly well, and uses a honkin' big electrolytic capacitor?" And it ended up here. R4/R3 must equal R1/R3 for proper integration action. Output comes off of the op-amp. The integrator gain is (1 + R2/R1)/(R4*C1). The way the circuit works is whacky, and the linear range of input...

4046 LTspice Model

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design9 years ago 10 replies

Did anyone ever try out the 74HC4046 vcm model I posted? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson,...

Did anyone ever try out the 74HC4046 vcm model I posted? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | Phoenix, Arizona 85048 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Vo...

LTSpice Slowdown

Started by rickman in sci.electronics.design7 years ago 16 replies

I have a circuit using an LTC3109 that simulates just fine. But it uses two unipolar voltage generators where the real circuit will use just...

I have a circuit using an LTC3109 that simulates just fine. But it uses two unipolar voltage generators where the real circuit will use just one source which can change polarity. When I replace the two sources with a single source the simulation speed drops by a factor of nearly 1000x. I thought it might have something to do with the loss of the common ground point, so I added a resis...

Experiment

Started by Phil Hobbs in sci.electronics.design6 years ago 25 replies

Beautiful Layout Hunchback and I are doing an experiment: building an actual product and seeing if we can sell it. If so, we'll build...

Beautiful Layout Hunchback and I are doing an experiment: building an actual product and seeing if we can sell it. If so, we'll build more. This one is a quantum-limited photoreceiver for low level signals. LTspice and a few pages of math suggest that it'll be shot noise limited above about 7-10 nA in a 1-MHz bandwidth, which is pretty good as such things go. We're planning two versio...

software for electrical simulation of a design circuit

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design6 years ago 7 replies

Hello, In my firm we are thinking to buy a software for electrical simulation. We do analog circuit. Our choice are between PROTEUS, LTSPICE,...

Hello, In my firm we are thinking to buy a software for electrical simulation. We do analog circuit. Our choice are between PROTEUS, LTSPICE, ELDO. Anyone can talk about his experience about theses softwares. Thank you.

Q: 0-Nodes in .SUBCKT

Started by Johann Klammer in sci.electronics.design6 years ago 13 replies

The problem was simpulating with LTspice: I have this irl3103s.spi from the IR website. I am trying to use the MOSFET hi-side as a...

The problem was simpulating with LTspice: I have this irl3103s.spi from the IR website. I am trying to use the MOSFET hi-side as a sync-rectifier(backwards).... I am driving with IRL2110 (2Amps,15V). I sill get 200 Amp spikes that look like dv/dt turn on(when the lower FET(IRFZ44) switches on). I tried adding capacitor from gate to source. stopped(unsuccessfully) at around 100nF. looked at ...

KiCAD Feedback Requested

Started by tomcee in sci.electronics.design10 years ago 93 replies

Hello All: Please comment on recent experiences with KiCAD. We are considering using it under windows for PC Boards with at least 4...

Hello All: Please comment on recent experiences with KiCAD. We are considering using it under windows for PC Boards with at least 4 layers. Are there any limitations? Any funny file format issues? Are the generated Gerber files in a standard format? Is it easy to add new components? Will it accept schematic files from LTSPICE? Thanks, TomC

Is this our "krw" ?...

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design10 years ago 6 replies

Is this our "krw" ?... Dumping spam by the bucket-load at my LTspice E-mail address. ...Jim...

Is this our "krw" ?... Dumping spam by the bucket-load at my LTspice E-mail address. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | Phoenix, Ari

LTspice Zener Models

Started by Rick C in sci.electronics.design2 years ago

I'm looking to model a circuit with a zener diode in it and the exact part doesn't seem to have a simulation model. Looking at the 11 choices in...

I'm looking to model a circuit with a zener diode in it and the exact part doesn't seem to have a simulation model. Looking at the 11 choices in LTspice I see a variety of parameters. The one that I'd probably want to match the most closely is the source resistance, Rs. This seems to be a very difficult number to pin down. The part in question is CZRU52C6V2 by Comchip. They l

Interesting..

Started by Jamie in sci.electronics.design9 years ago 15 replies

All this talk about synching LTspice so I decided to update it just now. Well, everything went well until it decided to restart the new...

All this talk about synching LTspice so I decided to update it just now. Well, everything went well until it decided to restart the new EXE scad3 file. FAILED> File is corrupt! of corse, there is no step back for that :) Had to pull the SCAD3.exe from my other machine so that I could do this again.. Fun... Jamie

Bireciprocal lattice wave digital filter

Started by Anonymous in sci.electronics.design8 years ago 5 replies

Hello I am trying to model a bireciprocal Cauer filter in LTspice but I don't get= the expected results. More precisely,...

Hello I am trying to model a bireciprocal Cauer filter in LTspice but I don't get= the expected results. More precisely, using =CE=B3=3D(re(s)=E2=88=921)/(re(s)+1) where re(s) is the realpart of the pole, gives this result: http://s29.postimg.org/iexwwozxj/unnorm.png Among the few references I have, one that gives a numerical example is a th= esis, "Design and Realization Methods f...

LVX4051 Spice Model

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.design9 years ago 5 replies

Posted to LTspice List and here... Untested. I just ran a netlist on an old schematic of a LVX4051 re-design I did for Motorola-ON (~2000) to...

Posted to LTspice List and here... Untested. I just ran a netlist on an old schematic of a LVX4051 re-design I did for Motorola-ON (~2000) to fit the device to using a Chartered process... http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/LVX4051.sub Let me know if it works. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | ...

Simulation software for DC/DC converter

Started by nescafe in sci.electronics.design10 years ago 120 replies

Im using LTSpice for now and i must say that this is good software. But... I can not find the parts that i need and those parts aren't in yahoo...

Im using LTSpice for now and i must say that this is good software. But... I can not find the parts that i need and those parts aren't in yahoo groups database. I asked for them but it looks like that i have to make some workaround on those parts or write the new one. Because our DC/DC converter is quite big in schematics I really need some simulator where i can just add parts or change...

Symmetrical components

Started by Vlad in sci.electronics.design9 years ago 5 replies

Hello everyone I hope this isn't the wrong place to ask, but I'm having a bit of a problem= . I am trying to build an abc to...

Hello everyone I hope this isn't the wrong place to ask, but I'm having a bit of a problem= . I am trying to build an abc to positive/negative/zero components transfor= mation block (in LTspice), I did it, but sometimes I get erroneous behaviou= r: DC levels seem to be "omitted" at the output for an 'abc > 120 > abc' ch= ain. The schematic I'm using is this: i45.tinypic.com/2hwhaqh.png (

Ignition circuit issue.

Started by Sylvia Else in sci.electronics.design5 years ago 16 replies

I'm using this circuit to provide 250V pulses to an ignition coil. https://www.dropbox.com/s/1w33uss3eedem05/ignition2.pdf?dl=0 The IC is a...

I'm using this circuit to provide 250V pulses to an ignition coil. https://www.dropbox.com/s/1w33uss3eedem05/ignition2.pdf?dl=0 The IC is a Linear Technology LT1243. 12V is provided on G$1 to the left. G$2 accepts a trigger pulse, and G$3 is ground. LTSpice says that this works, and indeed the real implementation does. Mostly. The difference is that after the circuit has been tr...

RC analysis

Started by Sylvia Else in sci.electronics.design8 years ago 34 replies

I have the circuit whose LTSPICE text is given below. The voltage sources and voltage controlled switches are only there to set the initial...

I have the circuit whose LTSPICE text is given below. The voltage sources and voltage controlled switches are only there to set the initial voltages on the capacitors. Thus the circuit of interest consists of two capacitors and two resistors. I've been trying to determine an equation that describes the voltage on C2 as it varies with time, but with my limited mathematical skill, haven...

LTspice is a difficult tool to make useful

Started by Ricketty C in sci.electronics.design2 years ago 81 replies

I can't believe the difficulties I have sometimes with this tool. So much of it is counter intuitive and even dysfunctional. I just when through...

I can't believe the difficulties I have sometimes with this tool. So much of it is counter intuitive and even dysfunctional. I just when through an hour or two trying to change a model connected to a FET. Turns out that saving a matching symbol under the new name and editing the library file name in the symbol attributes doesn't cut it. The symbol in the schematic has attributes