ReRAM ??

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.basics7 years ago 35 replies

An interesting question came up on the LTspice List this morning concerning Spice modeling a ReRAM, a resistive element something like a...

An interesting question came up on the LTspice List this morning concerning Spice modeling a ReRAM, a resistive element something like a Memristor, but "different" ;-) The OP seemed over his head and couldn't quite vocalize how the ReRAM device behaves. I tried surfing and ran into the hurdles that any real information is locked behind the IEEE fiasco. All other links seemed more like...

Handling HSpice Files

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.basics5 years ago

HSpice2PSpiceNewEdit.pdf, on the Simulation Tools & Macros Page of my website, has been updated with some new library format...

HSpice2PSpiceNewEdit.pdf, on the Simulation Tools & Macros Page of my website, has been updated with some new library format information. While the title says PSpice, the techniques apply to all Berkeley Spice derivatives... including LTspice ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovati...

Any of you use Multisim?

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.basics5 years ago 10 replies

Any of you use Multisim? Can Multisim handle PSpice/LTspice style behavioral expressions... GDC_I1 X2 VN VALUE...

Any of you use Multisim? Can Multisim handle PSpice/LTspice style behavioral expressions... GDC_I1 X2 VN VALUE {(1+TANH(2.2/0.1*(V(X2,VN)-0.5)))/2*45u} Or can it only handle B-sources? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | ...

4046 LTspice Model

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.basics7 years ago 9 replies

Did anyone ever try out the 74HC4046 vcm model I posted? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson,...

Did anyone ever try out the 74HC4046 vcm model I posted? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | Phoenix, Arizona 85048 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Vo...

Is this our "krw" ?...

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.basics8 years ago 6 replies

Is this our "krw" ?... Dumping spam by the bucket-load at my LTspice E-mail address. ...Jim...

Is this our "krw" ?... Dumping spam by the bucket-load at my LTspice E-mail address. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | Phoenix, Ari

LTSpice transformer mystery

Started by M. Hamed in sci.electronics.basics5 years ago 15 replies

Any idea why the circuit below (also at the posted link) behaves like this? The load impedance at the secondary is 100K. At resonance I expect...

Any idea why the circuit below (also at the posted link) behaves like this? The load impedance at the secondary is 100K. At resonance I expect this to = get reflected to the primary as 1K. Now with 50 Ohms of series resistance, = the voltage at the primary should be pretty close to 1 V. However SPICE sho= ws about 700mV. Any idea why this happens? https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6vt868q3xwl8c7...

LVX4051 Spice Model

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.basics7 years ago 5 replies

Posted to LTspice List and here... Untested. I just ran a netlist on an old schematic of a LVX4051 re-design I did for Motorola-ON (~2000) to...

Posted to LTspice List and here... Untested. I just ran a netlist on an old schematic of a LVX4051 re-design I did for Motorola-ON (~2000) to fit the device to using a Chartered process... http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/LVX4051.sub Let me know if it works. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | ...

New LTSpice shortcuts.

Started by Kaz Kylheku in sci.electronics.basics6 years ago 2 replies

Excerpt From my LTspiceIV.ini file: The only function key is F5: run simulation. (Old Visual Studio...

Excerpt From my LTspiceIV.ini file: The only function key is F5: run simulation. (Old Visual Studio braindamage.) [SchKeyBoardShortCut] Place_Component=I Draw_Wire_Mode=W Place_Netname=N Delete_Mode=Ctrl+D Duplicate_Mode=Ctrl+C Move_Mode=, < Drag_Mode=. > Undo=Ctrl+Z Redo=Ctrl+Shift+Z Place_Comment_Text=T Place_SPICE_Directive=S Unconn_Pin_Marks=U Text_Anchor_Marks=A Place_Grou

New LTspice Model Posted

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.basics4 years ago 3 replies

See AD790_JT.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website: Behavioral model based on the datasheet only. Comments most...

See AD790_JT.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website: Behavioral model based on the datasheet only. Comments most welcome. Please report any issues. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations |

Faux MOSFET... Behavioral Modeling

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.basics6 years ago 5 replies

For sometime now I have been trying to build a behavioral model of logic gates that was consistent with real-world behavior when mixed into an...

For sometime now I have been trying to build a behavioral model of logic gates that was consistent with real-world behavior when mixed into an Analog environment. (Existing logic models, such as those in PSpice and LTspice are state machines and do not behave properly when used for Analog applications, such as when you build a crystal oscillator around a 74HCU04.) So I now invite you to ...

Zero Cross Detection circuit for review

Started by Douglas Beeson in sci.electronics.basics6 years ago 20 replies

Hello all, I'm back again with an audio zero-cross detection circuit that I have desig= ned based on valuable feedback from some of you...

Hello all, I'm back again with an audio zero-cross detection circuit that I have desig= ned based on valuable feedback from some of you (notably Jim Thompson and J= ohn Fields). I am trying to gate an audio signal while avoiding clicks as i= t switches on and off. I'm submitting the LTSpice file here for your comments and also to ask why = one thing does not seem to be working as intende...

Spice Model Problems?

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.basics8 years ago 17 replies

I'm honing my Spice modeling skills and need some suggestions of devices whose manufacturer-provided Spice model doesn't match reality very...

I'm honing my Spice modeling skills and need some suggestions of devices whose manufacturer-provided Spice model doesn't match reality very well, or has serious issues. I'll try my hand at modeling the device and post my results on these newsgroups and on the LTspice list. It would be helpful if, when you make a suggestion, you state where and how it fails to match up with claimed data sh...

AD834 Spice Model Updated

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.basics5 years ago

The Spice Model for the ADI 500MHz Four-Quadrant Multiplier has been updated (AD834_SPICE_Model.zip) on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of...

The Spice Model for the ADI 500MHz Four-Quadrant Multiplier has been updated (AD834_SPICE_Model.zip) on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my Website, adding in the Spice model for RNOISELESS, and also an LTspice schematic symbol. Performance has been verified by Helmut Sennewald. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson ...

AN: Error Correction in AD633_JT Model

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.basics5 years ago

Gary Viviani has advised me that the LTspice auto-generated symbol for my AD633_JT Spice model has the wrong pin order. This has been...

Gary Viviani has advised me that the LTspice auto-generated symbol for my AD633_JT Spice model has the wrong pin order. This has been corrected, along with an added read-me to advise how to edit the path to your model file location. See AD633_JT.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson ...

pmos switch question

Started by panfilero in sci.electronics.basics8 years ago 2 replies

I'd like to control a switch using a microcontroller, I was thinking I'd feed the output of the microcontroller into an npn that would pull a...

I'd like to control a switch using a microcontroller, I was thinking I'd feed the output of the microcontroller into an npn that would pull a pmos gate low and let current flow, it seems to be working ok in LTSpice except I have a negative spike, when I switch. Is this an ok way to accomplish my goal, and does anybody know what that negative spike is about? I'm using 2 pmos transistors so ...

Voltage Compliant Parts Updated

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.basics5 years ago 2 replies

CompliantParts.zip, on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website, has been updated to include subcircuit representations... making it...

CompliantParts.zip, on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website, has been updated to include subcircuit representations... making it easier to import into LTspice... Spice devices IDC, F and G are replaced by devices IDCLC, FLC and GLC These current-output devices exhibit real-world behavior... they will not pull their outputs to negative infinity. They stop pulling current at...

For Paul Schoen and John Fields - autotransformer SPICE models.

Started by Fred Abse in sci.electronics.basics7 years ago 6 replies

Following the exchanges on SEB, about autotransformers, and turns ratio, I wrote these models. The subckts should run on any SPICE which...

Following the exchanges on SEB, about autotransformers, and turns ratio, I wrote these models. The subckts should run on any SPICE which supports .param and rser/rpar. The .asy files are for LTspice. The symbols should pick up the subckts without any need for a .lib directive. The first is simpler, requiring primary inductance, turns ratio, and primary resistance. The second examp...

AN: Spice Model Updated on my Website... Behavioral Diff Pairs

Started by Jim Thompson in sci.electronics.basics5 years ago

Spice Model Updated on my Website: See B_DIFF_PAIRS.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website. Improved/Updated (squirmy talk...

Spice Model Updated on my Website: See B_DIFF_PAIRS.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website. Improved/Updated (squirmy talk for serious bug fix ;-) Parameters added to match bipolar or CMOS behavior. Please direct all questions/comments/error-reporting via the E-mail (envelope) icon on my website or via the LTspice List. .....

Audio Amp Crossover Distortion?

Started by Bill Bowden in sci.electronics.basics8 years ago 82 replies

I see excessive crossover distortion with this audio amp not shown with LTspice. It simulates ok, but the wired circuit produces about a 50uS...

I see excessive crossover distortion with this audio amp not shown with LTspice. It simulates ok, but the wired circuit produces about a 50uS dead time step as the signal crosses the mid point. I tried increasing the bias with no help. Both inputs to the op-amp look good with no distortion. Any idea what is going on? Version 4 SHEET 1 880 1108 WIRE -128 80 -128 48 WIRE -128 80 -352 80 W...

LT1001 op-amp input current reads high in LTspice.

Started by Bill Bowden in sci.electronics.basics6 years ago 2 replies

There seems to be excessive input current with this LR oscillator using the= LT1001 op-amp. I measure the current through the bypass cap C1 at...

There seems to be excessive input current with this LR oscillator using the= LT1001 op-amp. I measure the current through the bypass cap C1 at about 1.= 8 milliamps peak. I thought it would be more in the microamp or nanoamp ran= ge. I built this same circuit using a LM358 op-amp and it works fine withou= t the cap. Very little voltage swing on the input pins with no bypass cap u= sed.=20 ...